You’re tired of listening to the radio, or having to stop to make calls while you’re driving, all these reasons are good to connect your Iphone to your car, only there are several ways to do this. For this, you ask yourself how to connect an Iphone to your car, know that you are in the right place. Our team has written this article to help you with this task and allow you to make phone calls in the car or connect your Android or Apple phone to it. To do this, first, we will see why it is interesting to connect your Iphone to your car, then, we will look at the connection of an Iphone to your car by USB, and, in a second step, how to connect an Iphone by bluetooth.
Why connect an iPhone to my car?
So we start our article with the interest of connecting your Iphone to your car. For some of you it is possible that you are not convinced of the relevance of this connection, but know that you will only enjoy advantages that will make your life easier or make your experience at the wheel of your car more comfortable. Here are the various advantages of connecting your iPhone to your car:
- Making calls from your Iphone hands-free with the sound of the call on the speakers of your vehicle.
- Transfer your music and listen to it on your car sound system.
- Retrieve the directory of your Iphone on the car radio of your car
- Control your iPhone by voice (e.g. call someone or change the music).
How do I connect an Iphone to my car radio via USB?
No matter if you want to connect an Iphone 5, 6 or 7 to your car, the procedure will be the same, we will see the two different procedures to connect your Iphone in USB to your car.
Connect your Iphone with CarPlay in USB to your car
First of all, you can connect your Iphone in USB via CarPlay. To do this, your car will need to be equipped with CarPlay and a USB plug. You can find the list of models compatible with CarPlay here. Remember to check that the year of production of your vehicle allows the use of this option. Once done, here are the steps to follow to make the connection between your Iphone and your vehicle:
- Start your car
- Activate Siri if you haven’t already
- Connect your Iphone 4/5/6/7/8 to the USB port of your car radio
- Validate the connection on your car radio, it may ask you to check a code on the screen of your Iphone
Connect your Iphone via USB to the car radio of your car
Second possibility, you can connect your Iphone to your car radio by USB even if your car is not equipped with CarPlay, for this, you will need to have a car radio bought in a car center for example and that it has a USB port . Finally, you will only have to connect your Iphone via a USB cable to enjoy your music and its other features.
How to connect an Iphone to the car radio by bluetooth thanks to CarPlay?
Second possibility, you can connect your Iphone via Bluetooth to your car via CarPlay. This is the most efficient technique, and although it consumes more battery on your Iphone, it is the most pleasant way to enjoy your Iphone while driving. For that, it will be necessary to respect some steps in order to carry out correctly the connection between the car the Iphone, here they are:
- Activate the Bluetooth/wireless pairing mode on the car radio of your vehicle
- On your Iphone go to the “settings”, then to the “General” tab, select the “CarPlay” section and search for “available cars”
- Select in the list your car, it is possible that you are asked for a verification via a code, do it, and you should have paired your Iphone to your vehicle
- On some series, the screen of your car should display CarPlay directly, if not, press the application button
If you have bluetooth problems with your car, do not hesitate to consult our dedicated article on this subject.
How to connect an Iphone to the car radio with a jack cable?
In case none of these solutions are possible on your car, you still have the simple but effective solution of the jack cable. Indeed, this technique will allow you to connect your iPhone via the auxiliary socket of your car radio or your car, and thus transfer the sound emitted by your phone to the speakers of your car. The purchase of a jack cable will not cost you more than 10€.