You have fairly recently bought a new car, or you just heard of Android Auto and you too desire to try it. This is quite normal, why deprive yourself of 100 % free and helpful services, whether to listen to your music, use the gps, or make calls, the application is complete. In this content page we will demonstrate how to connect Android Auto to your Peugeot 406. To accomplish this, first, we will focus on what Android Auto is and what it is used for, then we will move on to installing Android Auto and connecting to your Peugeot 406, and to finish what alternative is available to you if your Peugeot 406 is not built with Android Auto compatible devices.
Android Auto on Peugeot 406, what is it?
You’ve already been aware of Android Auto, but you don’t understand really what it is all about? We will just explain the function of this application and what features there may be in setting it up on your Peugeot 406. Android Auto is a Google software, it aims to include all your smart phone into your automobile. Actually, Google has figured out that today’s cars lack integrated technology. They have therefore thought about the best technique to integrate their operating system into your car. Their service offers some notable features that will improve your automobile journey. Additionally, it will give you the possibility to stay connected without taking any risks while driving. activating Android Auto on Peugeot 406 gives you access to a number of positive aspects, voicis:
- Keep the best of your mobile phone on the screen of your Peugeot 406
- To be able to make calls to the speakers of your car
- Listen to your preferred music with Google Music or your classic software programs like Spotify or Deezer
- Monitor your smart phone by voice
- Have your text messages read to you, dictate your answers to Android Auto which will transform them into a text message
How to connect Android Auto on Peugeot 406?
In this second part, we will focus on the procedure to do to set up Android Auto on Peugeot 406. Whether you have a compatible screen or not, there is a chance to get benefit of this service that will make your car journeys more pleasant.
Tutorial: Activating Android Auto on your Peugeot 406
Now is the time to install Android Auto on your Peugeot 406. Thanks to this tutorial we will detail the different steps of this technique, and put you on alert on the points that can pose concerns, here we go:
- Verify the compatibility of your smart phone with Android Auto (minimum version 5.1 Lollipop), be sure to update your smart phone if it is not up to date.
- Download the Android Auto application from your Google Play
- Start the Android Auto application, it will verify, at its first opening, that all the necessary applications are up to date.
- Connect your phone with Bluetooth on your automobile, if you don’t know how to do it, browse our article on to connect or activate Android Auto on your Peugeot 406 to find out how to do it.
- Once your phone is connected via Bluetooth on your car, starting the application should connect Android auto to your Peugeot 406.
- If this connection does not work, try to connect it first in USB (ignition on) and then activate Bluetooth afterwards
I don’t have a compatible screen on my Peugeot 406 but I still want to benefit from Android Auto:
When, after checking, your Peugeot 406 is not compatible with Android Auto, you still have the choice to use this service in another way. Actually, you will be able to use your phone’s screen as an Android Auto interface. For that, nothing could be easier:
If you have any additional questions about the Peugeot 406, do not hesitate to consult our Peugeot 406 category.