You have only just purchased a new car, or you just heard of Android Auto and you as well desire to experience it. This is totally usual, why deprive yourself of 100 % free and helpful services, whether to listen to your music, use the gps, or make calls, the application is full. In this guide we will describe how to connect Android Auto to your Honda CR V. To do this, first of all, we will look at what Android Auto is and what it is used for, then we will move on to installing Android Auto and connecting to your Honda CR V, and at last what alternative is available to you if your Honda CR V is not built with Android Auto compatible devices.
Android Auto on Honda CR V, what is it?
You’ve already heard about Android Auto, but you don’t understand specifically what it is all about? We will just demonstrate the intent of this application and what advantages there may be in setting it up on your Honda CR V. Android Auto is a Google program, it aims to incorporate all your mobile phone into your automobile. Actually, Google has understood that today’s automobiles lack built-in technology. They have as a consequence thought about the best way to integrate their operating system into your car. Their service offers some significant features that will improve your automobile journey. Furthermore, it will give you the possibility to stay connected without taking any risks while driving. activating Android Auto on Honda CR V gives you access to a number of features, voicis:
- Keep the best of your mobile on the screen of your Honda CR V
- To be able to call someone on the speakers of your vehicle
- Listen to your favorite music with Google Music or your classic software programs like Spotify or Deezer
- Control your mobile phone by voice
- Have your messages read to you, dictate your answers to Android Auto which will transform them into a written message
How to connect Android Auto on Honda CR V?
In this second part, we will look at the approach to do to set up Android Auto on Honda CR V. Regardless of you have a compatible screen or not, there is a way to get benefit of this service that will make your car journeys more enjoyable.
Tutorial: Activating Android Auto on your Honda CR V
Now is the time to install Android Auto on your Honda CR V. Thanks to this guide we will describe the different steps of this procedure, and put you on alert on the points that can pose complications, here we go:
- Examine the compatibility of your phone with Android Auto (minimum version 5.1 Lollipop), make sure to update your mobile phone if it is not up to date.
- Download the Android Auto application from your Google Play
- Start the Android Auto application, it will verify, at its first opening, that all the necessary applications are up to date.
- Connect your phone with Bluetooth on your automobile, if you don’t know how to do it, read our content on to connect or activate Android Auto on your Honda CR V to find out how to do it.
- Once your phone is connected via Bluetooth on your car, starting the application should connect Android auto to your Honda CR V.
- If this connection does not work, try to connect it first in USB (ignition on) and then activate Bluetooth afterwards
I don’t have a compatible screen on my Honda CR V but I still want to benefit from Android Auto:
If it happens, after verifying, your Honda CR V is not compatible with Android Auto, you still have the choice to use this service in another way. Actually, you will be able to use your phone’s screen as an Android Auto interface. For that, nothing could be much easier:
If you wish more tutorials on the Honda CR V, go to our Honda CR V category.