You’re tired of listening to the radio, or having to pull of to call someone while you’re driving a vehicle, all these points are good to connect your Iphone to your car, only there are multiple techniques to achieve this. For this, you ask yourself how to connect an Iphone to your Kia Sorento, know that you are in the right place. Our team has made this article content to help you with this task and allow you to make phone calls in the car or connect your Android or Apple phone to it. To accomplish this, first, we will see why it is usefull to connect your Iphone to your car, then, we will take a look at the connection of an Iphone to your Kia Sorento by USB, and, in a second step, how to connect an Iphone to your Kia Sorento by bluetooth.
Why connect an iPhone to the Kia Sorento?
So we begin our article content with the interest of connecting your Iphone to your Kia Sorento. For some of you it is possible that you are not persuaded of the relevance of this connection, but know that you will only enjoy pros that will make your life less complicated or make your experience at the wheel of your car more relaxing. Here are the various pros of connecting your iPhone to your Kia Sorento:
- Making calls from your Iphone hands-free with the sound of the call on the speakers of your Kia Sorento.
- Transfer your music and listen to it on your Kia Sorento audio system.
- Get the directory of your Iphone on the car radio of your Kia Sorento
- Control your iPhone by voice (e.g. call someone or change the music).
How do I connect an Iphone to the Kia Sorento via USB?
No matter if you want to connect an Iphone 5, 6 or 7 to your Kia Sorento, the operation will be alike, we will see the two distinct methods to connect your Iphone in USB to your car.
Connect your Iphone with CarPlay in USB to your Kia Sorento
To begin with, you can connect your Iphone in USB via CarPlay. To accomplish this, your car will need to be equipped with CarPlay and a USB plug. You can find the list of models compatible with CarPlay here. Make sure to check that the year of production of your Kia Sorento allows the use of this feature. Once completed, here are the steps to stick to to make the connection between your Iphone and your Kia Sorento:
- Start your car
- Turn on Siri if you haven’t previously
- Connect your Iphone 4/5/6/7/8 to the USB port of your Kia Sorento
- Validate the connection on your car radio, it may ask you to check a code on the screen of your Iphone
Connect your Iphone via USB to the car radio of your Kia Sorento
Second possibility, you can connect your Iphone to your Kia Sorento by USB even if your car is not supplied with CarPlay, for this, you will need to have a car radio bought in a car center for example and that it has a USB port . Finally, you will only have to connect your Iphone via a USB cable to play your music and its other features.
How to connect an Iphone to the Kia Sorento in bluetooth thanks to CarPlay?
Second possibility, you can connect your Iphone via Bluetooth to your Kia Sorento via CarPlay. This is the most effective procedure, and although it uses more battery on your Iphone, it is the most pleasant way to enjoy your Iphone while driving your Kia Sorento. For that, it will be required to respect some guidelines to be able to carry out effectively the connection between the car the Iphone, here they are:
- Turn on the Bluetooth/wireless pairing mode on the car radio of your Kia Sorento
- On your Iphone go to the “settings”, then to the “General” tab, choose the “CarPlay” section and search for “available cars”
- Select in the list your Kia Sorento, it is plausible that you are asked for a confirmation via a code, do it, and you should have paired your Iphone to your Kia Sorento
- On some series, the screen of your car should display CarPlay immediately, if not, press the application button
If you have bluetooth problems with your Kia Sorento, do not be reluctant to consult our specific article content on this subject.
How to connect an Iphone to the Kia Sorento with a jack cable?
In case none of these alternatives are possible on your Kia Sorento, you still have the standard but successful option of the jack cable. Indeed, this procedure will allow you to connect your iPhone to your Kia Sorento via the auxiliary socket of your car radio or your car, and thus transfer the sound emitted by your phone to the speakers of your car. The purchase of a jack cable will not cost you more than 10€.
If you want more guides on the Kia Sorento, go to our Kia Sorento category.