Whether you want to have a clean vehicle or you intend to sell your car, cleaning the engine of your Volkswagen Polo 5 is an act of routine service that is not necessarily well handled, between the fear of damaging electronic elements or not knowing which products to use… On this page, we will go along with you to do this act of routine service with peace of mind. For this, first, we will discover why it might be necessary to clean the engine unit of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine unit of your Volkswagen Polo 5 .
Why clean the engine of your Volkswagen Polo 5?
So we start our content by explaining why it might be smart to reflect on a cleaning of the engine unit block of your Volkswagen Polo 5 .
The most basic justification for cleaning the engine unit compartment of your car should be regular service. Failing to clean your car will bring about dirt and grime to gather and sooner or later harm auto parts of your car. We suggest you to perform this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can also be interesting to clean your engine before selling your Volkswagen Polo 5, however be careful not to clean it too much, potential buyers might think that a too clean engine is synonymous with a leaking engine that tries to be hidden by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine unit than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine unit of your Volkswagen Polo 5?
We will now begin the heart of the content with the practical section of cleaning the engine unit block of your Volkswagen Polo 5 . To do this, in the first section we will concentrate on the preparation to do on your engine unit to perform this act properly, and in a second time, the guidelines to allow you to clean the engine compartment of your Volkswagen Polo 5.
To prepare the engine of your Volkswagen Polo 5 before cleaning it
First step and not the least necessary one. Even if your car’s engine compartment is supposed to be waterproof, cleaning it completely is not recommended either because of the many electrical elements inside. Therefore, before you clean the engine of your Volkswagen Polo 5 totally, it is better to protect the electrical elements of your Volkswagen Polo 5 . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine unit correctly:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your Volkswagen Polo 5 , for this, do not think twice to seek advice from our content dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to get this done step.
- Take out the upper motor housing of your Volkswagen Polo 5 , it’s a plastic cover that can usually be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will allow you to have an much easier access to the whole engine unit of your car.
- Protect all electrical elements with plastic film , stretchable for example, this contains the flowmeter (which is found on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine unit compartment of a Volkswagen Polo 5
Now that you have prepared your car for cleaning, all you have to do is start cleaning it, here are the steps to follow to clean the engine unit of your Volkswagen Polo 5 correctly :
- Warm up the engine unit of your car for about 5 minutes, this will produce the grease more fluid and assist in its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine unit degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your Volkswagen Polo 5 engine unit.
- Let it work for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may damage elements of your engine unit. So use a garden hose and rise with a lot of water.
- If you are satisfied with the end result, you can dry your engine unit with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can duplicate the operation until it goes away.
- Last little piece of suggestions, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine unit of your Volkswagen Polo 5, you will find this kind of product in specialized stores or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll have the ability to get back on the road with a clean engine unit.
If you wish more guides on the Volkswagen Polo 5, go to our Volkswagen Polo 5 category.