Whether you wish to have a clean vehicle or you plan to sell your motor vehicle, cleaning the engine of your Renault Clio 3 is an act of maintenance that is not necessarily well handled, between the fear of injuring electronic parts or not knowing which products to use… In this article, we will join you to do this act of routine service with serenity. To do this, first, we will see why it may be relevant to clean the engine of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine of your Renault Clio 3 .
Why clean the engine of your Renault Clio 3?
So we start our content by telling you why it may be good to consider a cleaning of the engine block of your Renault Clio 3 .
The most basic reason for cleaning the engine compartment of your motor vehicle should be regular service. Failing to clean your motor vehicle will cause dirt and grime to accumulate and eventually harm parts of your motor vehicle. We recommend you to perform this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can as well be interesting to clean your engine before selling your Renault Clio 3, however be careful not to clean it too much, potential buyers might think that a too clean engine is synonymous with a leaking engine that tries to be camouflaged by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine of your Renault Clio 3?
We will now start the heart of the content with the practical section of cleaning the engine block of your Renault Clio 3 . For this, in the first section we will concentrate on the preparation to do on your engine to conduct this act correctly, and in a second time, the instructions to let you to clean the engine compartment of your Renault Clio 3.
To prepare the engine of your Renault Clio 3 before cleaning it
First step and not the least important one. Regardless if your car’s engine compartment is designed to be waterproof, cleaning it totally is not advised either because of the many electrical parts inside. Consequently, before you clean the engine of your Renault Clio 3 totally, it is better to protect the electrical parts of your Renault Clio 3 . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine effectively:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your Renault Clio 3 , for this, do not hesitate to consult our content dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to achieve this step.
- Remove the upper motor housing of your Renault Clio 3 , it’s a plastic cover that can generally be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will let you to have an less difficult access to the whole engine of your motor vehicle.
- Protect all electrical parts with plastic film , stretchable for example, this involves the flowmeter (which is based on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine compartment of a Renault Clio 3
Now that you have prepared your motor vehicle for cleaning, all you have to do is begin cleaning it, here are the steps to follow to clean the engine of your Renault Clio 3 effectively :
- Warm up the engine of your motor vehicle for about 5 minutes, this will make the grease more fluid and ease its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your Renault Clio 3 engine.
- Let it work for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may damage parts of your engine. So use a garden hose and rise with a lot of water.
- If you are convinced with the end result, you can dry your engine with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can replicate the procedure until it disappears.
- Last little piece of suggestions, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine of your Renault Clio 3, you will locate this kind of product in specific shops or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll have the ability to get back on the road with a clean engine.
If you have any additional questions about the Renault Clio 3, do not hesitate to consult our Renault Clio 3 category.