Air conditioning is one of the main asked features on newer cars. Despite the fact it was previously reserved for high-end models, it has nowadays been democratized for the vast majority of cars. Nevertheless, this expensive and elaborate mechanism requires special care, and whether it’s for service or because of odours, it is absolutely important to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Peugeot 807. This is specifically what we will teach you in detail in this article. First we will look in detail at the technique to clean the air conditioning of your Peugeot 807, then in another part, we will look more generally at the service of the air conditioning of your Peugeot 807.
How to clean my Peugeot 807 air conditioning
Let’s start our article with the cleaning of the air conditioning circuit of your Peugeot 807. The only technique to accomplish a complete cleaning of this circuit will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal products, in fact, your air conditioning produces loads of moisture that will stagnate in the circuit and will help the production of germs and bacteria of all sorts. You will find these items on the internet or in car centres. There are two ways to do this, here they are
Clean the air conditioning circuit of your Peugeot 807 in an easy way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can very easily clean your car’s air-conditioning circuit.
The technique is quite easy, nevertheless, this process can dirty the inside of your Peugeot 807.
- Take off the cabin filter.
- Install the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (if possible on the passenger side).
- Turn on your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine running) with air recycling
- With the windows shut down, press the button on the bomb to empty it gradually and close the car doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Peugeot 807, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This approach will allow you to very fast clean the air-conditioning system of your Peugeot 807, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Peugeot 807 that are persistent, we advise you to exercise the second approach.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Peugeot 807
Now let’s move on to the more significant tactic of performing a cleaning of your ventilation circuit complete. You will have to buy the same bactericidal and fungicidal product, it is only the application that will be distinct. Here is the procedure to follow:
- Take off your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Peugeot 807 (between the bonnet and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray a couple of times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors shut down for A little bit.
- Once this first step is conducted you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually found under the glove box.
- Finally, to finish, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Peugeot 807.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Peugeot 807
Finally, to finish our article, we will give you the main advice to respect, if you desire to maximize the life of your air conditioning circuit on Peugeot 807 and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Swap your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Peugeot 807 every year.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Peugeot 807, do not hesitate to consult our Peugeot 807 category.