If you desire to have a clean vehicle or you plan to sell your car, cleaning the engine of your Opel Mokka X is an act of maintenance that is not necessarily well operated, between the fear of harming electronic parts or not knowing which products to use… In this article, we will go along with you to execute this act of service with serenity. To do this, first, we will see why it may be relevant to clean the engine of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine of your Opel Mokka X .
Why clean the engine of your Opel Mokka X?
So we start our content page by telling you why it may be good to consider a cleaning of the engine block of your Opel Mokka X .
The most common explanation for cleaning the engine compartment of your car should be frequent maintenance. Failing to clean your car will trigger dirt and grime to build up and ultimately harm auto parts of your car. We suggest you to carry out this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can also be interesting to clean your engine before selling your Opel Mokka X, nevertheless be cautious not to clean it too much, potential buyers might presume that a too clean engine is synonymous with a leaking engine that tries to be camouflaged by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine of your Opel Mokka X?
We will now begin the core of the content page with the practical section of cleaning the engine block of your Opel Mokka X . To do this, in the first section we will focus on the preparation to do on your engine to carry out this act properly, and in a second time, the instructions to enable you to clean the engine compartment of your Opel Mokka X.
To prepare the engine of your Opel Mokka X before cleaning it
First step and not the least essential one. Regardless if your car’s engine compartment is supposed to be waterproof, cleaning it completely is not suggested either because of the many electrical parts inside. Therefore, before you clean the engine of your Opel Mokka X completely, it is better to protect the electrical parts of your Opel Mokka X . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine correctly:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your Opel Mokka X , to do so, do not think twice to seek advice from our content page dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to get this done step.
- Take out the upper motor housing of your Opel Mokka X , it’s a plastic cover that can usually be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will enable you to have an much easier access to the whole engine of your car.
- Protect all electrical parts with plastic film , stretchable for example, this contains the flowmeter (which is located on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine compartment of a Opel Mokka X
Now that you have prepared your car for cleaning, all you have to do is start cleaning it, here are the steps to stick to to clean the engine of your Opel Mokka X correctly :
- Warm up the engine of your car for about 5 minutes, this will make the grease more fluid and facilitate its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your Opel Mokka X engine.
- Let it operate for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may affect components of your engine. So use a garden hose and rise with a lot of water.
- If you are convinced with the result, you can dry your engine with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can replicate the operation until it disappears.
- Last little piece of suggestions, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine of your Opel Mokka X, you will locate this type of product in specific shops or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll be able to get back on the road with a clean engine.
If you want more guides on the Opel Mokka X, go to our Opel Mokka X category.