If you wish to have a clean car or you intend to sell your car, cleaning the engine of your Nissan X-trail is an action of routine service that is not necessarily well operated, between the fear of destroying electronic components or not knowing which products to use… On this page, we will join you to do this action of service with peace of mind. To achieve this, first, we will find out why it might be necessary to clean the engine of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine of your Nissan X-trail .
Why clean the engine of your Nissan X-trail?
So we start our article by explaining why it might be good to consider a cleaning of the engine block of your Nissan X-trail .
The most basic explanation for cleaning the engine compartment of your car should be frequent maintenance. Failure to clean your car will bring about dirt and grime to gather and eventually damage parts of your car. We recommend you to carry out this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can also be interesting to clean your engine before selling your Nissan X-trail, nevertheless take care not to clean it too much, potential buyers might think that a too clean engine is synonymous with a leaking engine that tries to be camouflaged by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine of your Nissan X-trail?
We will now start the core of the article with the practical part of cleaning the engine block of your Nissan X-trail . For this, in the first part we will concentrate on the preparation to do on your engine to accomplish this action properly, and in a second time, the instructions to let you to clean the engine compartment of your Nissan X-trail.
To prepare the engine of your Nissan X-trail before cleaning it
First step and not the least essential one. Even if your car’s engine compartment is meant to be waterproof, cleaning it completely is not recommended either as a result of the many electrical components inside. Therefore, before you clean the engine of your Nissan X-trail entirely, it is better to protect the electrical components of your Nissan X-trail . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine properly:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your Nissan X-trail , to do so, do not think twice to seek advice from our article dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to get this done step.
- Remove the upper motor housing of your Nissan X-trail , it’s a plastic cover that can in general be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will let you to have an less difficult access to the whole engine of your car.
- Protect all electrical components with plastic film , stretchable for example, this contains the flowmeter (which is based on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine compartment of a Nissan X-trail
Now that you have prepared your car for cleaning, all you have to do is begin cleaning it, here are the steps to follow to clean the engine of your Nissan X-trail properly :
- Warm up the engine of your car for about 5 minutes, this will produce the grease more fluid and facilitate its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your Nissan X-trail engine.
- Let it work for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may harm components of your engine. So use a garden hose and rise with a lot of water.
- If you are satisfied with the result, you can dry your engine with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can replicate the process until it disappears.
- Last little piece of suggestions, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine of your Nissan X-trail, you will find this sort of product in specialized stores or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll be able to get back on the road with a clean engine.
If you wish more guides on the Nissan X-trail, go to our Nissan X-trail category.