If you desire to have a clean car or you plan to sell your car, cleaning the engine of your Mercedes AMG GT is an work of routine service that is not necessarily well controlled, between the fear of damaging electronic components or not knowing which products to use… On this page, we will join you to execute this work of routine service with serenity. For this, first, we will see why it might be important to clean the engine unit of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine unit of your Mercedes AMG GT .
Why clean the engine of your Mercedes AMG GT?
So we begin our content by telling you why it might be good to consider a cleaning of the engine unit block of your Mercedes AMG GT .
The most basic explanation for cleaning the engine unit compartment of your car should be regular service. Failing to clean your car will bring about dirt and grime to accumulate and sooner or later damage auto parts of your car. We suggest you to perform this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can as well be interesting to clean your engine before selling your Mercedes AMG GT, nevertheless take care not to clean it too much, potential buyers might presume that a too clean engine is synonymous with a leaking engine that tries to be hidden by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine unit than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine unit of your Mercedes AMG GT?
We will now begin the core of the content with the practical section of cleaning the engine unit block of your Mercedes AMG GT . To do this, in the first section we will focus on the preparation to do on your engine unit to carry out this work correctly, and in a second time, the instructions to let you to clean the engine compartment of your Mercedes AMG GT.
To prepare the engine of your Mercedes AMG GT before cleaning it
First step and not the least necessary one. Even if your car’s engine compartment is meant to be waterproof, cleaning it totally is not recommended either due to the many electrical components inside. Consequently, before you clean the engine of your Mercedes AMG GT entirely, it is better to protect the electrical components of your Mercedes AMG GT . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine unit correctly:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your Mercedes AMG GT , to do so, do not hesitate to seek advice from our content dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to achieve this step.
- Take out the upper motor housing of your Mercedes AMG GT , it’s a plastic cover that can in most cases be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will let you to have an easier access to the whole engine unit of your car.
- Protect all electrical components with plastic film , stretchable for example, this involves the flowmeter (which is located on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine unit compartment of a Mercedes AMG GT
Now that you have prepared your car for cleaning, all you have to do is commence cleaning it, here are the steps to stick to to clean the engine unit of your Mercedes AMG GT correctly :
- Warm up the engine unit of your car for about 5 minutes, this will produce the grease more fluid and facilitate its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine unit degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your Mercedes AMG GT engine unit.
- Let it operate for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may affect elements of your engine unit. So use a garden hose and rise with plenty of water.
- If you are satisfied with the result, you can dry your engine unit with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can replicate the procedure until it disappears.
- Last little piece of suggestions, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine unit of your Mercedes AMG GT, you will discover this kind of product in specific stores or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll have the ability to get back on the road with a clean engine unit.
To find more tips on the Mercedes AMG GT, take a look at the Mercedes AMG GT category.