If you want to have a clean car or you intend to sell your car, cleaning the engine of your Mazda 5 is an work of maintenance that is not actually well operated, between the fear of injuring electronic components or not knowing which products to use… In this post, we will go along with you to complete this work of maintenance with peace of mind. To accomplish this, first, we will discover why it might be necessary to clean the engine of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine of your Mazda 5 .
Why clean the engine of your Mazda 5?
So we start our content page by explaining why it might be smart to consider a cleaning of the engine block of your Mazda 5 .
The most general reason for cleaning the engine compartment of your car should be regular maintenance. Failure to clean your car will trigger dirt and grime to accumulate and ultimately harm auto parts of your car. We recommend you to perform this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can also be interesting to clean your engine before selling your Mazda 5, nevertheless take care not to clean it too much, potential buyers might presume that a too clean engine is associated with a leaking engine that tries to be camouflaged by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine of your Mazda 5?
We will now begin the core of the content page with the practical part of cleaning the engine block of your Mazda 5 . To do this, in the first part we will concentrate on the preparation to do on your engine to carry out this work properly, and in a second time, the guidelines to let you to clean the engine compartment of your Mazda 5.
To prepare the engine of your Mazda 5 before cleaning it
First step and not the least important one. Even if your car’s engine compartment is designed to be waterproof, cleaning it thoroughly is not advised either because of the many electrical components inside. Consequently, before you clean the engine of your Mazda 5 completely, it is better to protect the electrical components of your Mazda 5 . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine correctly:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your Mazda 5 , to accomplish this, do not think twice to seek advice from our content page dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to do this step.
- Remove the upper motor housing of your Mazda 5 , it’s a plastic cover that can in most cases be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will let you to have an easier access to the whole engine of your car.
- Protect all electrical components with plastic film , stretchable for example, this includes the flowmeter (which is located on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine compartment of a Mazda 5
Now that you have prepared your car for cleaning, all you have to do is begin cleaning it, here are the steps to stick to to clean the engine of your Mazda 5 correctly :
- Warm up the engine of your car for about 5 minutes, this will produce the grease more fluid and facilitate its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your Mazda 5 engine.
- Let it work for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may affect elements of your engine. So use a garden hose and rise with plenty of water.
- If you are satisfied with the result, you can dry your engine with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can replicate the procedure until it goes away.
- Last little piece of suggestions, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine of your Mazda 5, you will locate this sort of product in specific shops or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll have the ability to get back on the road with a clean engine.
If you have any further questions about the Mazda 5, do not hesitate to consult our Mazda 5 category.