More and more car owners are trying to maintain their vehicles on their own. This outcomes in substantial savings because modern cars involve more and more routine service and are done up of more and more technical components that lead to new breakdowns or inconveniences. One of the problems that disturbs more and more Renault Kadjar owners is a clogged air flow meter, which will lead to a loss of power and black exhaust gases. Today we are going to take a look at how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Renault Kadjar? . First, we will describe how your mass airflow sensor works and its advantages, second, why it may be relevant to clean this sensor , and at last, how to clean the mass air flow sensor of a Renault Kadjar .
Utility and operation of the mass air flow meter of a Renault Kadjar
So we begin our article with the operation and role of your Renault Kadjar flowmeter.
The aim of the mass air flow sensor on Renault Kadjar
The mass air flow sensor is a component that has been developed actually quite not long ago and mainly equipped on diesel models. In actual fact, with injection engines, the fuel and air intake has become very precise and it is therefore important for the ECU to know the exact volume of air loaded into the engine to change the actions of complementary intake parts such as the injection or the EGR valve, if you have problems with the EGR valve on your Renault Kadjar, do not think twice to seek advice from our article on this subject.
Mass air flow sensor operation on Renault Kadjar
Now, we are going to take a look at how it works, before trying to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Renault Kadjar , you must already understand how it functions to achieve this routine service act correctly.
The mass air flow sensor is therefore mainly there to obtain statistics on the air intake of your car. To get this done, it must be fitted just after the air intake of your Renault Kadjar, i. e. just after the air filter. It is a pipe equipped with a sensor that will analyze the air in the intake and transmit the statistics to the ECU of your car.
Why clean the mass air flow sensor of a Renault Kadjar?
The mass air flow sensor of your Renault Kadjar can have problems and this is what we will try to find out and figure out what problems you may be facing!
Mass air flow sensor problems Renault Kadjar
Here are the different problems that the air flow sensor of your Renault Kadjar can generate:
- higher fuel consumption: Because a dirty flow meter will necessarily bring about excessive fuel consumption because of poor air flow…
- Power loss: Associated with the same problem, this lack of air can generate a loss of power to your engine.
- Difficulties starting the car: Finally, one of the last classic problems linked to a dirty flowmeter will be that your Renault Kadjar will have more troubles to begin the vehicle.
How do I clean the mass air flow sensor from a Renault Kadjar?
After looking at the operation and concerns that the flowmeter can generate, we will look at how to solve these problems by showing to you how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Renault Kadjar . You should know that this operation is actually quite simple to execute and you will not need advanced mechanical abilities to do it your self, a good method to avoid a trip to the garage and a steep bill. Discover down below the different steps to stick to to execute this routine service act:
- After having located the mass air flow sensor of your Renault Kadjar , you will have to dismantle it. To get this done, act delicately, but you will just have to disassemble it on both sides of the air duct and disconnect the electrical plug on top of it.
- Once disassembled, you will be able to move forward to the step cleaning the mass air flow sensor of your Renault Kadjar . This sensor will, as time passes, get dirty and its two “filaments” that will give information to your computer on the quality and temperature of the air will no longer be able to collect data correctly, it is in this sense that it will disturb the operation of the engine of your Renault Kadjar. The aim of this cleaning will be to take out all its harmful particles to enable it to work efficiently again.
- Let soak the lower part of your mass air flow sensor (not the plug part) in acetone or another solvent for a few minutes , which will take out most of the grime
- Now we’ll move on to the very gentle cleaning of the flow meter filaments. You have to be very careful, otherwise your mass air flow sensor will be permanently damaged. With the help of a fine brush and solvent, delicately clean the two filaments of your mass air flow sensor . If you are too afraid of harming it, you can as well clean them with a brake fluid in the form of an aerosol by spraying the jet on these filaments.
Now you know how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Renault Kadjar , you should feel a noticeable difference in the behavior of your engine.
To discover more tips on the Renault Kadjar, take a look at the Renault Kadjar category.