More and more motorists are trying to maintain their cars by themselves. This outcomes in considerable cost savings because modern cars require more and more routine service and are made up of more and more technical parts that result in new breakdowns or inconveniences. One of the problems that affects more and more Jeep Wrangler owners is a clogged air flow meter, which will end in a loss of power and black exhaust fumes. Today we are going to take a look at how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Jeep Wrangler? . First, we will teach you how your mass airflow sensor operates and its value, second, why it might be relevant to clean this sensor , and at last, how to clean the mass air flow sensor of a Jeep Wrangler .
Utility and action of the mass air flow meter of a Jeep Wrangler
So we begin our content with the operation and intent of your Jeep Wrangler flowmeter.
The goal of the mass air flow sensor on Jeep Wrangler
The mass air flow sensor is a part that has been developed actually quite not too long ago and specifically equipped on diesel models. Indeed, with injection engines, the fuel and air intake has become very precise and it is consequently essential for the ECU to know the exact volume of air loaded into the engine to adapt the behaviour of complementary intake parts such as the injection or the EGR valve, if you have problems with the EGR valve on your Jeep Wrangler, do not think twice to seek advice from our content on this subject.
Mass air flow sensor operation on Jeep Wrangler
Now, we are going to take a look at how it operates, before trying to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Jeep Wrangler , you must already understand how it functions to achieve this routine service act accurately.
The mass air flow sensor is therefore specifically there to obtain info on the air intake of your car. To achieve this, it must be fitted just after the air intake of your Jeep Wrangler, i. e. just after the air filter. It is a pipe equipped with a sensor that will analyze the air in the intake and transmit the info to the ECU of your car.
Why clean the mass air flow sensor of a Jeep Wrangler?
The mass air flow sensor of your Jeep Wrangler can have problems and this is what we will try to see and discover what problems you might be facing!
Mass air flow sensor problems Jeep Wrangler
Here are the different problems that the air flow sensor of your Jeep Wrangler can cause:
- higher fuel consumption: Because a dirty flow meter will necessarily end in more significant fuel consumption due to poor air flow…
- Power loss: Linked to the same problem, this lack of air can cause a loss of power to your engine.
- Difficulties starting the car: Finally, one of the last traditional problems linked to a dirty flowmeter will be that your Jeep Wrangler will have more troubles to begin the vehicle.
How do I clean the mass air flow sensor from a Jeep Wrangler?
After looking at the operation and concerns that the flowmeter can cause, we will look at how to fix these problems by describing to you how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Jeep Wrangler . You should know that this process is actually quite simple to execute and you will not need advanced mechanical expertise to do it your self, a good method to avoid a trip to the mechanic and a steep bill. Discover down below the different steps to stick to to execute this routine service act:
- After having located the mass air flow sensor of your Jeep Wrangler , you will have to dismantle it. To achieve this, act gently, but you will just have to disassemble it on both sides of the air duct and detach the electrical plug on top of it.
- Once taken apart, you will be able to carry on to the step cleaning the mass air flow sensor of your Jeep Wrangler . This sensor will, over time, get dirty and its two “filaments” that will give information to your computer on the quality and temperature of the air will no longer be able to collect data accurately, it is in this sense that it will disrupt the operation of the engine of your Jeep Wrangler. The goal of this cleaning will be to take out all its harmful particles to enable it to work efficiently again.
- Let soak the lower section of your mass air flow sensor (not the plug part) in acetone or another solvent for a few minutes , which will take out most of the grime
- Now we’ll move on to the very gentle cleaning of the flow meter filaments. You have to be very watchful, in any other case your mass air flow sensor will be permanently broken. With the help of a fine brush and solvent, gently clean the two filaments of your mass air flow sensor . If you are too afraid of destroying it, you can as well clean them with a brake fluid in the form of an aerosol by spraying the jet on these filaments.
Now you know how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Jeep Wrangler , you should feel a noticeable difference in the behavior of your engine.
To discover more tips on the Jeep Wrangler, take a look at the Jeep Wrangler category.