More and more drivers are trying to take care of their cars on their own. This results in substantial savings because contemporary cars necessitate more and more maintenance and are made up of more and more technical parts that result in new breakdowns or inconveniences. One of the complications that disturbs more and more Chevrolet Corvette owners is a clogged air flow meter, which will bring about a loss of power and black exhaust fumes. Today we are going to examine how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Chevrolet Corvette? . First, we will teach you how your mass airflow sensor works and its advantages, second, why it may be important to clean this sensor , and at last, how to clean the mass air flow sensor of a Chevrolet Corvette .
Utility and action of the mass air flow meter of a Chevrolet Corvette
So we begin our article with the operation and point of your Chevrolet Corvette flowmeter.
The goal of the mass air flow sensor on Chevrolet Corvette
The mass air flow sensor is a component that has been developed quite not long ago and specifically equipped on diesel models. In actual fact, with injection engines, the fuel and air intake has become very precise and it is therefore essential for the ECU to know the exact volume of air injected into the engine to modify the actions of complementary intake parts such as the injection or the EGR valve, if you have problems with the EGR valve on your Chevrolet Corvette, do not think twice to seek advice from our article on this subject.
Mass air flow sensor operation on Chevrolet Corvette
Now, we are going to examine how it works, before trying to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Chevrolet Corvette , you must already find out how it functions to do this maintenance act accurately.
The mass air flow sensor is consequently specifically there to obtain info on the air intake of your motor vehicle. To get this done, it must be set up just after the air intake of your Chevrolet Corvette, i. e. just after the air filter. It is a pipe equipped with a sensor that will review the air in the intake and transfer the info to the ECU of your car.
Why clean the mass air flow sensor of a Chevrolet Corvette?
The mass air flow sensor of your Chevrolet Corvette can have complications and this is what we will try to see and discover what complications you may be struggling with!
Mass air flow sensor complications Chevrolet Corvette
Here are the different complications that the air flow sensor of your Chevrolet Corvette can trigger:
- higher fuel consumption: Because a dirty flow meter will actually end up in excessive fuel consumption caused by poor air flow…
- Power loss: Associated with the same problem, this lack of air can trigger a loss of power to your engine.
- Difficulties starting the car: Finally, one of the last classic complications connected to a dirty flowmeter will be that your Chevrolet Corvette will have more issues to begin the vehicle.
How do I clean the mass air flow sensor from a Chevrolet Corvette?
After examining the operation and complications that the flowmeter can trigger, we will look at how to resolve these complications by describing to you how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Chevrolet Corvette . You should know that this operation is quite basic to conduct and you will not need advanced mechanical skills to do it yourself, a good method to avoid a trip to the garage area and a steep bill. Discover down below the different steps to stick to to conduct this maintenance act:
- After having located the mass air flow sensor of your Chevrolet Corvette , you will have to dismantle it. To get this done, act delicately, but you will just have to disassemble it on both sides of the air duct and disconnect the electrical plug on top of it.
- Once taken apart, you will be able to continue to the step cleaning the mass air flow sensor of your Chevrolet Corvette . This sensor will, with time, get dirty and its two “filaments” that will give information to your computer on the quality and temperature of the air will no longer be able to collect data accurately, it is in this sense that it will disturb the operation of the engine unit of your Chevrolet Corvette. The goal of this cleaning will be to take out all its impure substances to allow it to work efficiently again.
- Let soak the lower section of your mass air flow sensor (not the plug part) in acetone or another solvent for a few minutes , which will take out most of the grime
- Now we’ll proceed to the very delicate cleaning of the flow meter filaments. You have to be very watchful, in any other case your mass air flow sensor will be permanently broken. With the help of a fine brush and solvent, delicately clean the two filaments of your mass air flow sensor . If you are too afraid of destroying it, you can also clean them with a brake fluid in the form of an aerosol by spraying the jet on these filaments.
Now you know how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Chevrolet Corvette , you should feel a noticeable difference in the behavior of your engine unit.
To find more tips on the Chevrolet Corvette, take a look at the Chevrolet Corvette category.