More and more motorists are trying to take care of their vehicles on their own. This results in substantial cost savings because contemporary cars involve more and more routine service and are made up of more and more technical parts that lead to new breakdowns or inconveniences. One of the problems that impacts more and more Audi R8 owners is a clogged air flow meter, which will end in a loss of power and black exhaust fumes. In this article we are going to look at how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Audi R8? . First, we will describe how your mass airflow sensor works and its advantages, second, why it may be relevant to clean this sensor , and finally, how to clean the mass air flow sensor of a Audi R8 .
Utility and action of the mass air flow meter of a Audi R8
So we start our content with the process and purpose of your Audi R8 flowmeter.
The aim of the mass air flow sensor on Audi R8
The mass air flow sensor is a part that has been created quite not too long ago and principally supplied on diesel models. In fact, with injection engines, the fuel and air intake has become very precise and it is therefore important for the ECU to know the exact volume of air added into the engine to modify the actions of complementary intake parts such as the injection or the EGR valve, if you have problems with the EGR valve on your Audi R8, do not think twice to seek advice from our content on this subject.
Mass air flow sensor operation on Audi R8
Now, we are going to check out how it works, before trying to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Audi R8 , you must already understand how it functions to do this routine service act correctly.
The mass air flow sensor is therefore principally there to collect data on the air intake of your car. To do this, it must be installed just after the air intake of your Audi R8, i. e. just after the air filter. It is a pipe supplied with a sensor that will analyze the air in the intake and transmit the data to the ECU of your car.
Why clean the mass air flow sensor of a Audi R8?
The mass air flow sensor of your Audi R8 can have problems and this is what we will try to see and discover what problems you may be facing!
Mass air flow sensor problems Audi R8
Here are the different problems that the air flow sensor of your Audi R8 can bring about:
- higher fuel consumption: Because a dirty flow meter will necessarily bring about excessive fuel consumption due to poor air flow…
- Power loss: Related to similar problem, this lack of air can bring about a loss of power to your engine.
- Difficulties starting the car: Finally, one of the last traditional problems connected to a dirty flowmeter will be that your Audi R8 will have more issues to start the vehicle.
How do I clean the mass air flow sensor from a Audi R8?
After going over the operation and complications that the flowmeter can bring about, we will look at how to solve these problems by explaining to you how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Audi R8 . You should know that this procedure is quite simple to accomplish and you will not need advanced mechanical abilities to do it yourself, a good technique to avoid a trip to the garage area and a steep bill. See down below the different steps to follow to accomplish this routine service act:
- After having located the mass air flow sensor of your Audi R8 , you will have to dismantle it. To do this, act gently, but you will just have to disassemble it on both sides of the air duct and disconnect the electrical plug on top of it.
- Once disassembled, you will have the ability to move forward to the step cleaning the mass air flow sensor of your Audi R8 . This sensor will, over time, get dirty and its two “filaments” that will give information to your computer on the quality and temperature of the air will no longer have the ability to collect data correctly, it is in this sense that it will disrupt the operation of the engine unit of your Audi R8. The aim of this cleaning will be to take out all its impurities to allow it to work efficiently again.
- Let soak the lower part of your mass air flow sensor (not the plug part) in acetone or another solvent for a few minutes , which will take out most of the grime
- Now we’ll proceed to the very delicate cleaning of the flow meter filaments. You have to be very watchful, in any other case your mass air flow sensor will be permanently broken. With the help of a fine brush and solvent, gently clean the two filaments of your mass air flow sensor . If you are too afraid of destroying it, you can also clean them with a brake fluid in the form of an aerosol by spraying the jet on these filaments.
Now you know how to clean the mass air flow sensor of your Audi R8 , you should feel a noticeable difference in the behavior of your engine unit.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Audi R8, do not hesitate to consult our Audi R8 category.