Air conditioning is one of the most asked options on newer cars. Nevertheless it was previously reserved for high-end varieties, it has today been democratized for the great majority of automobiles. However, this pricey and sophisticated mechanism necessitates special care, and whether it’s for maintenance or because of odours, it is definitely necessary to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Kia Picanto. This is precisely what we will explain in more detail in this article. First we will check in detail at the technique to clean the air conditioning of your Kia Picanto, then in another part, we will look more generally at the maintenance of the air conditioning of your Kia Picanto.
How to clean my Kia Picanto air conditioning
Let’s start our article with the cleaning of the air conditioning circuit of your Kia Picanto. The only method to execute a full cleaning of this circuit will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal sprays, in fact, your air conditioning generates a lot of moisture that will stagnate in the circuit and will activate the creation of germs and bacteria of all kinds. You will find these items on the internet or in car centres. There are two solutions to perform this, here they are
Clean the air conditioning system of your Kia Picanto in a simple way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can instantly clean your car’s air-conditioning system.
The technique is very simple, nevertheless, this technique can dirty the inside of your Kia Picanto.
- Take off the cabin filter.
- Put in the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (if possible on the passenger side).
- Turn on your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine is on) with air recycling
- With the windows closed, press the button on the bomb to empty it little by little and close the automobile doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Kia Picanto, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This technique will allow you to rather quickly clean the air-conditioning system of your Kia Picanto, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Kia Picanto that are persistent, we advise you to utilise the second solution.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Kia Picanto
Now let’s move on to the more significant technique of performing a cleaning of your ventilation system in depth. You will have to purchase the same bactericidal and fungicidal product, it is only the application that will be different. Here is the procedure to follow:
- Take off your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Kia Picanto (between the bonnet and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray several times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors closed for A few minutes.
- Once this first step is done you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually established under the glove box.
- Finally, to conclude, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Kia Picanto.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Kia Picanto
Finally, to end our article, we will give you the main suggestions to respect, if you wish to maximize the life of your air conditioning system on Kia Picanto and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Change your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Kia Picanto every year.
To discover more tips on the Kia Picanto, take a look at the Kia Picanto category.