If you desire to have a clean car or you intend to sell your motor vehicle, cleaning the engine of your hyundai i10 is an work of maintenance that is not necessarily well operated, between the fear of harming electronic elements or not knowing which products to use… In this post, we will accompany you to conduct this work of service with peace of mind. To achieve this, first, we will find out why it might be important to clean the engine of your car, and, in a second step, how to clean the engine of your hyundai i10 .
Why clean the engine of your hyundai i10?
So we start our article by telling you why it might be wise to reflect on a cleaning of the engine block of your hyundai i10 .
The most basic justification for cleaning the engine compartment of your motor vehicle should be regular service. Failure to clean your motor vehicle will bring about dirt and grime to gather and eventually harm parts of your motor vehicle. We advise you to perform this cleaning between 1 and 2 times a year. It can also be interesting to clean your engine before selling your hyundai i10, however be cautious not to clean it too much, potential buyers might presume that a too clean engine is synonymous with a leaking engine that tries to be hidden by a complete cleaning, better to have a healthy engine than a too clean engine.
How to clean the engine of your hyundai i10?
We will now begin the core of the article with the practical part of cleaning the engine block of your hyundai i10 . To do this, in the first part we will concentrate on the preparation to do on your engine to accomplish this work properly, and in a second time, the instructions to allow you to clean the engine compartment of your hyundai i10.
To prepare the engine of your hyundai i10 before cleaning it
First step and not the least necessary one. Even if your car’s engine compartment is designed to be waterproof, cleaning it thoroughly is not suggested either as a result of the many electrical elements inside. Consequently, before you clean the engine of your hyundai i10 completely, it is better to protect the electrical elements of your hyundai i10 . Here are the steps to take to protect your car’s engine effectively:
- Disconnect and remove the battery from your hyundai i10 , for this, do not hesitate to seek advice from our article dedicated to this subject if you don’t know how to get this done step.
- Take out the upper motor housing of your hyundai i10 , it’s a plastic cover that can generally be removed by unscrewing a few screws. This will allow you to have an much easier access to the whole engine of your motor vehicle.
- Protect all electrical elements with plastic film , stretchable for example, this involves the flowmeter (which is based on your air inlet), the alternator, all electrical cables and the fuse box
Cleaning of the engine compartment of a hyundai i10
Now that you have prepared your motor vehicle for cleaning, all you have to do is commence cleaning it, here are the steps to follow to clean the engine of your hyundai i10 effectively :
- Warm up the engine of your motor vehicle for about 5 minutes, this will produce the grease more fluid and ease its elimination.
- Use a strong> engine degreaser and spray generously on all visible parts of your hyundai i10 engine.
- Let it operate for five to ten minutes.
- Do not use a high-pressure cleaner, as this may damage parts of your engine. So use a garden hose and rise with plenty of water.
- If you are convinced with the end result, you can dry your engine with a compressor, if there are traces of grease remaining, you can replicate the process until it goes away.
- Last little piece of suggestions, if you want and have the budget, you can apply a layer of motor protection, this will prevent the accumulation of dirt on the engine of your hyundai i10, you will discover this kind of product in specific stores or in the category of products for boat motors
All you have to do is clean the work area, refit your engine crankcase, reconnect your battery and you’ll be able to get back on the road with a clean engine.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the hyundai i10, do not hesitate to consult our hyundai i10 category.