Air conditioning is one of the most asked specs on newer cars. Although it was historically reserved for high-end models, it has today been democratized for the great majority of automobiles. However, this pricey and sophisticated equipment needs special care, and whether it’s for service or because of odours, it is definitely crucial to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Honda Element. This is exactly what we will demonstrate in detail in this document. First we will take a look in detail at the technique to clean the air conditioning of your Honda Element, then in a second part, we will look more generally at the service of the air conditioning of your Honda Element.
How to clean my Honda Element air conditioning
Let’s commence our document with the cleaning of the air conditioning circuit of your Honda Element. The only solution to conduct a total cleaning of this circuit will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal sprays, in fact, your air conditioning creates a lot of moisture that will stay in the circuit and will activate the expansion of germs and bacteria of all sorts. You will find these products on the internet or in car centres. There are two methods to do this, here they are
Service the air conditioning system of your Honda Element in an easy way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can easily clean your car’s air-conditioning system.
The technique is quite easy, nevertheless, this treatment can dirty the inside of your Honda Element.
- Take away the cabin filter.
- Install the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (preferably on the passenger side).
- Start your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine is on) with air recycling
- With the windows closed, press the button on the bomb to empty it gradually and close the motor vehicle doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Honda Element, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This methodology will allow you to quickly clean the air-conditioning system of your Honda Element, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Honda Element that are persistent, we recommend you to apply the second process.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Honda Element
Now let’s go forward to the more significant process of performing a cleaning of your ventilation system complete. You will have to buy the same bactericidal and fungicidal product, it is only the application that will be different. Here is the procedure to stick to:
- Take away your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Honda Element (between the bonnet and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray several times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors closed for Five minutes.
- Once this first step is done you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually located under the glove box.
- Finally, to finish, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Honda Element.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Honda Element
Finally, to end our document, we will give you the main suggestions to respect, if you desire to maximize the life of your air conditioning system on Honda Element and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Change your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Honda Element every year.
If you need more guides on the Honda Element, go to our Honda Element category.