The lighting elements of our automobiles are part of the necessary components of security. In fact, they enable us to see and be viewed at night or in bad weather conditions. It is therefore necessary to keep them in good working order and to constantly have ideal lighting. In this post, we are going to look into the headlights of your car and more exactly how to clean the headlights of your Volkswagen Touareg? We will start this content with the explanation why it can be important to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Volkswagen Touareg.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Volkswagen Touareg?
Most of us are likely to take into consideration emptying the car, replacing a burnt-out bulb, but, we hardly ever take into consideration looking at the cleanliness of the headlights on his Volkswagen Touareg . In fact, whether they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is important to verify that your headlights are capable to properly illuminate the road. First of all, you can check the headlight adjustment of your Volkswagen Touareg, or its low beams, by reading our two specific content articles.
Clean the dull headlights of your Volkswagen Touareg for roadworthiness testing
The first explanation you can be on this page is that you needed or passed the technical inspection and there are complications with the headlights of your Volkswagen Touareg. In fact, if your headlights have become opaque as time passes and you have lost lighting power, you may not complete the technical inspection, in this instance it may consequently be important to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Volkswagen Touareg before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Volkswagen Touareg to gain visibility
Second situation, you simply have the impression of lighting less well at night with your Volkswagen Touareg . In this case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt grown to be difficult to remove, we recommend you to clean the headlights of your car regularly .
How to clean the headlights of its Volkswagen Touareg?
We’ll now proceed to the component that you’re most likely most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Volkswagen Touareg? We’ll first look at how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and finally how to refurbish the headlights of your Volkswagen Touareg.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Volkswagen Touareg
First possibility, you have the feeling that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In this case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Volkswagen Touareg headlights, for that, nothing could be much easier:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical elements using the screws supplied for this intent
- Remove the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Volkswagen Touareg
Second possibility, the optics of the headlights of your Volkswagen Touareg are dirty and you want to clean them, several alternatives are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your car with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Volkswagen Touareg with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the whole surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with plenty of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit located in a specific store. You will only have to stick to the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This solution is powerful but a little more pricey than the substitute solutions shown above.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Volkswagen Touareg
At last, in the event that even after cleaning your headlights, you have the feeling that they remain dull or faded , we have a solution for you. This is in many instances the case for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to refurbish the headlights of your Volkswagen Touareg/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make gentle circular movements to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Repeat the operation with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, achieve this one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Volkswagen Touareg
To discover more tips on the Volkswagen Touareg, take a look at the Volkswagen Touareg category.