The lighting components of our automobiles are part of the fundamental elements of safety. Indeed, they enable us to see and be seen after dark or in bad weather conditions. It is consequently fundamental to keep them in good working condition and to constantly have optimal lighting. In this article, we are going to focus on the headlights of your car and more precisely how to clean the headlights of your Volkswagen Polo 8? We will start this article with the explanation why it can be relevant to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Volkswagen Polo 8.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Volkswagen Polo 8?
The majority of us tend to think about emptying the vehicle, changing a burnt-out bulb, but, we rarely consider looking at the cleanliness of the headlights on his Volkswagen Polo 8 . Indeed, whether they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is important to verify that your headlights are capable to properly illuminate the road. First of all, you can check the headlight adjustment of your Volkswagen Polo 8, or its low beams, by browsing our two specific content articles.
Clean the dull headlights of your Volkswagen Polo 8 for roadworthiness testing
The first cause you might be on this article is that you wanted or passed the technical inspection and there are problems with the headlights of your Volkswagen Polo 8. Indeed, if your headlights have become opaque after some time and you have lost lighting power, you may not pass the technical inspection, in such a case it may consequently be relevant to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Volkswagen Polo 8 before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Volkswagen Polo 8 to gain visibility
Second possibility, you only have the feeling of lighting less well after dark with your Volkswagen Polo 8 . In this case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt turned out to be hard to take out, we suggest you to clean the headlights of your car repeatedly .
How to clean the headlights of its Volkswagen Polo 8?
We’ll now proceed to the part that you’re most certainly most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Volkswagen Polo 8? We’ll first look at how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and finally how to renovate the headlights of your Volkswagen Polo 8.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Volkswagen Polo 8
First opportunity, you have the impression that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In this case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Volkswagen Polo 8 headlights, for that, nothing could be less complicated:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical parts using the screws provided for this aim
- Take out the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Volkswagen Polo 8
Second opportunity, the optics of the headlights of your Volkswagen Polo 8 are dirty and you want to clean them, several choices are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your car with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Volkswagen Polo 8 with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the entire surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with plenty of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit found in a specialized shop. You will only have to follow the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This solution is effective but a little more expensive than the alternative solutions presented earlier.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Volkswagen Polo 8
Finally, in the event that even after cleaning your headlights, you have the impression that they remain dull or faded , we have a solution for you. This is often the circumstance for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to renovate the headlights of your Volkswagen Polo 8/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make mild circular motions to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Duplicate the procedure with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do that one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Volkswagen Polo 8
To get more tips on the Volkswagen Polo 8, take a look at the Volkswagen Polo 8 category.