The lighting components of our cars are part of the necessary elements of security. Obviously, they enable us to see and be seen during the night or in bad weather conditions. It is therefore necessary to keep them in good working condition and to constantly have optimal lighting. In this article, we are going to focus on the headlights of your motor vehicle and more exactly how to clean the headlights of your Peugeot 607? We will start this content with the justification why it can be relevant to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Peugeot 607.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Peugeot 607?
Most of us tend to think about emptying the car, changing a burnt-out bulb, but, we hardly ever think about examining the cleanliness of the headlights on his Peugeot 607 . Obviously, if they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is essential to check that your headlights are capable to properly illuminate the road. First of all, you can check the headlight adjustment of your Peugeot 607, or its low beams, by having a look at our two specific content articles.
Clean the dull headlights of your Peugeot 607 for roadworthiness testing
The first cause you might be on this article is that you needed or passed the technical inspection and there are complications with the headlights of your Peugeot 607. Obviously, if your headlights have become opaque after some time and you have lost lighting power, you may not complete the technical inspection, in such a case it may therefore be relevant to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Peugeot 607 before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Peugeot 607 to gain visibility
Second situation, you only have the feeling of lighting less well during the night with your Peugeot 607 . In this case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt grown to be difficult to remove, we suggest you to clean the headlights of your motor vehicle repeatedly .
How to clean the headlights of its Peugeot 607?
We’ll now move on to the part that you’re most certainly most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Peugeot 607? We’ll first look at how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and at last how to renovate the headlights of your Peugeot 607.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Peugeot 607
First possibility, you have the impression that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In this case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Peugeot 607 headlights, for that, nothing could be less complicated:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical components using the screws provided to do this purpose
- Remove the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Peugeot 607
Second possibility, the optics of the headlights of your Peugeot 607 are dirty and you want to clean them, several alternatives are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your motor vehicle with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Peugeot 607 with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the entire surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with a lot of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit located in a specialised store. You will only have to follow the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This solution is effective but a little more costly than the other methods presented above.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Peugeot 607
At last, in the event even after cleaning your headlights, you have the impression that they remain dull or faded , we have a solution for you. This is often the case for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to renovate the headlights of your Peugeot 607/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make soft circular motions to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Duplicate the operation with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do this one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Peugeot 607
If you wish more tutorials on the Peugeot 607, go to our Peugeot 607 category.