The lighting parts of our vehicles are part of the essential components of safety. In fact, they enable us to see and be viewed after dark or in bad climatic conditions. It is consequently essential to keep them in good functioning order and to always have optimum lighting. In this post, we are going to focus on the headlights of your motor vehicle and more precisely how to clean the headlights of your Kia Soul? We will start this content with the justification why it can be necessary to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Kia Soul.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Kia Soul?
The majority of us usually tend to think about emptying the vehicle, changing a burnt-out bulb, but, we hardly ever consider examining the cleanliness of the headlights on his Kia Soul . In fact, whether they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is important to check that your headlights are able to effectively illuminate the road. First of all, you can check the headlight adjustment of your Kia Soul, or its low beams, by consulting our two specific articles.
Clean the dull headlights of your Kia Soul for roadworthiness testing
The first reason you may be on this internet page is that you needed or passed the technical inspection and there are complications with the headlights of your Kia Soul. In fact, if your headlights have become opaque with time and you have lost lighting power, you may not pass the technical inspection, in such a case it may consequently be necessary to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Kia Soul before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Kia Soul to gain visibility
Second possibility, you just have the impression of lighting less well after dark with your Kia Soul . In this case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt grown to be difficult to take out, we suggest you to clean the headlights of your motor vehicle regularly .
How to clean the headlights of its Kia Soul?
We’ll now proceed to the part that you’re probably most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Kia Soul? We’ll first look at how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and finally how to renovate the headlights of your Kia Soul.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Kia Soul
First opportunity, you have the feeling that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In this case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Kia Soul headlights, for that, nothing could be much easier:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical components using the screws provided for this intent
- Remove the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Kia Soul
Second opportunity, the optics of the headlights of your Kia Soul are dirty and you want to clean them, some choices are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your motor vehicle with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Kia Soul with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the whole surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with lots of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit discovered in a specialised shop. You will only have to follow the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This solution is powerful but a little more expensive than the alternative solutions presented above.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Kia Soul
Finally, in case even after cleaning your headlights, you have the feeling that they remain dull or faded , we have a solution for you. This is frequently the circumstance for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to renovate the headlights of your Kia Soul/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make gentle circular motions to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Duplicate the operation with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, achieve this one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Kia Soul
If you want more guides on the Kia Soul, go to our Kia Soul category.