The lighting elements of our automobiles are part of the fundamental components of safety. In fact, they allow us to see and be seen through the night or in bad climatic conditions. It is consequently fundamental to keep them in good working condition and to constantly have ideal lighting. In this article, we are going to concentrate on the headlights of your motor vehicle and more exactly how to clean the headlights of your Dodge Nitro? We will start this content page with the explanation why it can be important to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Dodge Nitro.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Dodge Nitro?
The majority of us tend to think about emptying the car, replacing a burnt-out bulb, but, we hardly ever take into consideration checking the cleanliness of the headlights on his Dodge Nitro . In fact, whether they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is important to verify that your headlights are capable to effectively illuminate the road. First of all, you can examine the headlight adjustment of your Dodge Nitro, or its low beams, by reading our two specific web content.
Clean the dull headlights of your Dodge Nitro for roadworthiness testing
The first explanation you can be on this internet page is that you wanted or passed the technical inspection and there are complications with the headlights of your Dodge Nitro. In fact, if your headlights have become opaque over time and you have lost lighting power, you may not pass the technical inspection, in this case it may therefore be important to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Dodge Nitro before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Dodge Nitro to gain visibility
Second possibility, you only have the feeling of lighting less well through the night with your Dodge Nitro . In such a case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt become difficult to take out, we recommend you to clean the headlights of your motor vehicle frequently .
How to clean the headlights of its Dodge Nitro?
We’ll now move on to the component that you’re most certainly most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Dodge Nitro? We’ll first check out how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and at last how to refurbish the headlights of your Dodge Nitro.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Dodge Nitro
First opportunity, you have the impression that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In such a case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Dodge Nitro headlights, for that, nothing could be less difficult:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical elements using the screws provided for this goal
- Remove the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Dodge Nitro
Second opportunity, the optics of the headlights of your Dodge Nitro are dirty and you want to clean them, some possibilities are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your motor vehicle with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Dodge Nitro with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the whole surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with a lot of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit identified in a specialized shop. You will only have to follow the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This treatment is effective but a little more expensive than the alternative strategies presented above.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Dodge Nitro
At last, in the event even after cleaning your headlights, you have the impression that they remain dull or faded , we have a remedy for you. This is often the case for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to refurbish the headlights of your Dodge Nitro/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make delicate circular motions to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Repeat the operation with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do this one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Dodge Nitro
If you want more tutorials on the Dodge Nitro, go to our Dodge Nitro category.