The lighting parts of our cars are part of the necessary components of safety. Obviously, they allow us to see and be viewed after dark or in bad climate conditions. It is consequently necessary to keep them in good working condition and to constantly have optimum lighting. In this article, we are going to concentrate on the headlights of your car and more precisely how to clean the headlights of your Citroen C-zero? We will begin this content page with the justification why it can be important to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Citroen C-zero.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Citroen C-zero?
The majority of us are likely to think about emptying the car, replacing a burnt-out bulb, but, we rarely think about checking the cleanliness of the headlights on his Citroen C-zero . Obviously, if they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is essential to verify that your headlights are capable to effectively illuminate the road. First of all, you can examine the headlight adjustment of your Citroen C-zero, or its low beams, by having a look at our two specific content articles.
Clean the dull headlights of your Citroen C-zero for roadworthiness testing
The first explanation you can be on this article is that you needed or passed the technical inspection and there are problems with the headlights of your Citroen C-zero. Obviously, if your headlights have become opaque over time and you have lost lighting power, you may not complete the technical inspection, in such a case it may consequently be important to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Citroen C-zero before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Citroen C-zero to gain visibility
Second situation, you only have the impression of lighting less well after dark with your Citroen C-zero . In such a case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt turned out to be difficult to take out, we suggest you to clean the headlights of your car regularly .
How to clean the headlights of its Citroen C-zero?
We’ll now proceed to the part that you’re most likely most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Citroen C-zero? We’ll first look at how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and at last how to renovate the headlights of your Citroen C-zero.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Citroen C-zero
First opportunity, you have the feeling that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In such a case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Citroen C-zero headlights, for that, nothing could be easier:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical parts using the screws supplied to do this intent
- Take out the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Citroen C-zero
Second opportunity, the optics of the headlights of your Citroen C-zero are dirty and you want to clean them, some choices are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your car with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Citroen C-zero with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the whole surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with a lot of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit determined in a specialized shop. You will only have to follow the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This treatment is powerful but a little more costly than the substitute methods shown above.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Citroen C-zero
Finally, in the event even after cleaning your headlights, you have the feeling that they remain dull or faded , we have a remedy for you. This is in many instances the circumstance for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to renovate the headlights of your Citroen C-zero/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make soft circular movements to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Repeat the procedure with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, do this one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Citroen C-zero
To discover more tips on the Citroen C-zero, take a look at the Citroen C-zero category.