The lighting elements of our vehicles are part of the necessary components of safety. In actual fact, they allow us to see and be viewed at night or in bad climate conditions. It is therefore necessary to keep them in good functioning order and to always have maximum lighting. In this article, we are going to focus on the headlights of your car and more exactly how to clean the headlights of your Acura TL? We will start this article with the explanation why it can be necessary to clean the headlights of your car, then, how to concretely clean the headlights of your Acura TL.
Why clean the headlights covers of your Acura TL?
The majority of us are likely to take into consideration emptying the car, changing a burnt-out bulb, but, we rarely think about checking the cleanliness of the headlights on his Acura TL . In actual fact, whether they are yellow, opaque, or dirty , it is necessary to verify that your headlights are able to effectively illuminate the road. To begin with, you can check the headlight adjustment of your Acura TL, or its low beams, by consulting our two dedicated web content.
Clean the dull headlights of your Acura TL for roadworthiness testing
The first explanation you may be on this page is that you needed or passed the technical inspection and there are problems with the headlights of your Acura TL. In actual fact, if your headlights have become opaque after some time and you have lost lighting power, you may not pass the technical inspection, in this instance it may consequently be necessary to clean or restore the headlights plastic cover of your Acura TL before the technical inspection or the counter inspection.
Clean the opaque headlights of its Acura TL to gain visibility
Second possibility, you only have the impression of lighting less well at night with your Acura TL . In this case, it is interesting to clean them before the layer of dirt become difficult to take out, we advise you to clean the headlights of your car frequently .
How to clean the headlights of its Acura TL?
We’ll now move on to the component that you’re most certainly most interested in, how to clean the headlights covers of your Acura TL? We’ll first check out how to clean the inside of your car’s headlights, then the outside, and finally how to refurbish the headlights of your Acura TL.
Clean the inside of the headlights of your Acura TL
First possibility, you have the feeling that there is humidity inside your headlights or dirt . In this case, you’ll have to clean the inside of your Acura TL headlights, for that, nothing could be much easier:
- Pop the hood of your car
- Dismantle the optical parts using the screws provided to do this purpose
- Take out the outer headlight cover and clean the inside with a damp sponge and baking soda sprinkled on the inside of the cover
- Blow dry it at the strong dryer before you reassemble it
Clean the plastic covers of the headlights on its Acura TL
Second possibility, the optics of the headlights of your Acura TL are dirty and you want to clean them, some choices are available to you, here they are:
- Clean the headlights of your car with a damp sponge sprinkled with a tablespoon of baking soda and then rinse
- Clean the headlights of your Acura TL with a cloth and toothpaste . Spread toothpaste over the entire surface of your headlights and rub with a cloth in a circular motion, then rinse with a lot of water
- Clean the headlights of your car with a cleaning kit located in a specific store. You will only have to follow the instructions for cleaning your headlights. This treatment is effective but a little more expensive than the substitute options presented earlier.
Polishing the faded headlights of its Acura TL
At last, in case even after cleaning your headlights, you have the feeling that they remain dull or faded , we have a solution for you. This is often the circumstance for a counter-visit of the technical control. Here is how to refurbish the headlights of your Acura TL/Strong:
- Clean your headlights briefly with a sponge and baking soda
- Protect your body with thick tape around your headlights
- Get some 400 grit sandpaper, moisten it, and make gentle circular motions to sand the surface of your headlight, finish with horizontal motions
- Duplicate the process with 600 grit sandpaper after rinsing the headlight
- Finally, achieve this one last time with glass paper 2000 grain then rinse your headlights
- Finally, apply a protective wax to protect the headlights of your Acura TL
To get more tips on the Acura TL, take a look at the Acura TL category.