Air conditioning is one of the main interesting options on recent cars. Although it was before restricted to high-end varieties, it has nowadays been democratized for the vast majority of vehicles. However, this expensive and complex device needs special care, and whether it’s for maintenance or because of odours, it is absolutely necessary to think about cleaning the air conditioning of your Buick LaCrosse. This is exactly what we will teach you in detail in this article. First we will take a look in detail at the technique to clean the air conditioning of your Buick LaCrosse, then in a second step, we will look more generally at the maintenance of the air conditioning of your Buick LaCrosse.
How to clean my Buick LaCrosse air conditioning
Let’s commence our article with the cleaning of the air conditioning circuit of your Buick LaCrosse. The only way to perform a total cleaning of this circuit will be to use bactericidal and fungicidal products, in reality, your air conditioning produces loads of moisture that will stagnate in the circuit and will help the creation of germs and bacteria of all kinds. You will find these products on the internet or in car centres. There are two procedures to perform this, here they are
Service the air conditioning system of your Buick LaCrosse in an easy way
Once you have a disinfectant spray, you can easily clean your car’s air-conditioning system.
The process is quite easy, however, this treatment can dirty the inside of your Buick LaCrosse.
- Take off the cabin filter.
- Put in the disinfectant spray on the floor of your car (ideally on the passenger side).
- Start your car’s ventilation and air conditioning (with the engine running) with air recycling
- With the windows closed, press the button on the bomb to empty it little by little and close the car doors and leave it on for about ten minutes.
- Once this time has passed, open the doors of your Buick LaCrosse, ventilation still on and let the passenger compartment air out for about 20 minutes.
This methodology will allow you to promptly clean the air-conditioning system of your Buick LaCrosse, but if you have bad air-conditioning odours on your Buick LaCrosse that are persistent, we advise you to apply the second process.
Clean deeply the air-conditioning system of your Buick LaCrosse
Now let’s advance to the more radical tactic of performing a cleaning of your ventilation system detailed. You will have to buy the same bactericidal and fungicidal spray, it is only the application that will be distinct. Here is the operation to stick to:
- Take off your cabin filter.
- By the external air intake of your Buick LaCrosse (between the bonnet and the windscreen), with the engine on and the ventilation on, spray several times for 5 seconds and leave all windows and doors closed for A moment.
- Once this first stage is completed you will be able to tackle the inside part of your air conditioning system, doing the same but not the inside air intake which is usually located under the glove box.
- Finally, to finish, you can spray a few sprays into the vents of your Buick LaCrosse.
- All you have to do is air out your car while the product dissipates before you can use it again.
Maintenance of the air-conditioning of its Buick LaCrosse
Finally, to end our article, we will give you the main recommendations to respect, if you wish to maximize the life of your air conditioning system on Buick LaCrosse and limit unforeseen expenses.
- Have your air conditioning serviced every year
- Swap your cabin filter every two years.
- Have your FREON gas recharged every two years.
- lean the air-conditioning system on your Buick LaCrosse every year.
If you want more tutorials on the Buick LaCrosse, go to our Buick LaCrosse category.