Whether it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness evaluation or for your wallet, making sure your headlight bulbs are constantly functional is really important. Actually, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will inevitably burn out as time passes and as a result need to be changed. You’re likely here because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re concerned about how to change the bulb of the fog lights on your Hyundai Veloster, we’ve made this article to help you do this procedure without help and not need to go to your auto technician. First of all, we will look at chaging the front fog light bulb of your Hyundai Veloster and subsequently, how to change the rear fog light bulb on your car.
How to change the front fog light bulb of my Hyundai Veloster?
We are going to start this article with the changing the front fog light bulb of your Hyundai Veloster, you should know that based on the year and the finish of your car it may not be the same technique to employ, that’s why we are going to give you the two most common ways to replace the front fog light bulb of your vehicle.
Change the front fog light bulb of your Hyundai Veloster without removing the bumper.
First solution, we will replace the bulb without removing the bumper of your car. Although this strategy is the simplest, there is no assurance that you can perform it on your car. Actually, based on the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb in this way. Here are the two different ways to change the front fog lamp bulb of your Hyundai Veloster:
- By passing under the bumper of your Hyundai Veloster: First technique, you will position yourself under your car, don’t be reluctant to lift it with a jack if you don’t have enough space under the bumper. Once under the car, all you have to do is to remove the clips of the plastic shoe that covers your engine unit and that rests on your bumper, you will have access to the fog light block of your Hyundai Veloster and you will not have any more (if you have enough space) remove the plastic cover, disconnect the plug, press on the metal part to take out the bulb and finally swap the front fog light bulb of your Hyundai Veloster
- By removing the wheel arch: Second alternative, you can remove the wheel arch of your car to have access to the fog lamp block of your car. To get this done, jack your car up, remove the front wheels, then remove your wheel arch using the clips provided for this purpose and conduct the same procedure as mentioned previously to change the bulb of the fog light of your Hyundai Veloster.
How to change the front fog light bulb of your Hyundai Veloster by removing the bumper?
We will at this point take a look at the case where you are obliged by lack of space on your car model to remove the bumper of your Hyundai Veloster to be able to access the front fog light bulb of your car. To do this, you will first of all have to remove the front bumper of your Hyundai Veloster, do not be reluctant to have a look to our complete article to find out the exact process, know to summarize, that you will need torx wrench, and that you will have to remove screws under your cover, in your wheel arches and under your car. Once the bumper has been taken away, you will only need to access the front fog lamp block and change the fog lamp bulb on your Hyundai Veloster in the same manner as stated previously.
How to change the rear fog light bulb on your Hyundai Veloster?
To finish, if you wish to change the rear fog bulb of your car the technique is much easier, here are the different steps to follow to allow you to change this bulb:
- By the trunk, remove the floor covering from your trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your Hyundai Veloster.
- After discovering the rear fog light bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb
- Insert your new rear fog light bulb into the headlamp block of your Hyundai Veloster
- Put everything back again
Check that your fog lights are working correctly again before you hit the road and you’re done.
If you need more tutorials on the Hyundai Veloster, go to our Hyundai Veloster category.