Regardless it’s for your own safety, for roadworthiness assessment or for your budget, being sure your headlight bulbs are actually functional is fundamental. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out after a while and therefore need to be changed. You’re probably here because one of your headlights is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of the low beam lights on your Tesla Model Y, we’ve written and published this content to help you do this process on your own and not need to go to your auto technician. First of all, we will look at the choice of the low beam bulb for your car and secondly, how to change the low beam bulb on your Tesla Model Y.
How to choose the low beam light bulb on my Tesla Model Y?
Let’s start our content with the choice of dipped beam bulb on my Tesla Model Y, you probably already have your set of spare bulbs in the glove compartment of your motor vehicle. Nevertheless, you may have already used your spare bulb and do not want to buy a complete set. Or maybe you want to improve the power of your headlights and therefore choose a more powerful bulb. When we mention dipped beam light bulbs on your Tesla Model Y, we also talk about H7 bulbs, this is actually the “technical” name of this bulb. Here are the different sort of bulbs that can be found and their pros:
- Halogen low beam bulb Tesla Model Y: This first kind of bulb has several pros, they are suitable for all budgets because they are the most accessible bulbs. Halogen low beam bulbs for your car have the benefit of having a powerful and highly accurate beam but often create a yellow light that tires the eyes fairly quickly. Furthermore, they have a limited life span and can burn out quite quickly for no reason.
- Xenon low-beam bulb:
Replacing the low beam bulb of your Tesla Model Y for Xenon is the mid-range choice. In truth, it will offer you a power and a white colour close to LED lighting, but in terms of life expectancy, it will be between halogen and Xenon. Same in terms of budget.
- LED low beam bulb:
Changing the low beam bulb of your car to LED, there will be different interests to switch to this form of technology for motorists. Actually, a LED bulb will firstly create a powerful white light that does not tire the eyes, in addition it will have a very long life, you may change Tesla Model Y before you need to change bulb, to finish the energy consumption is very low, a forgotten headlight will have less consequences than with standard bulbs. On the flip side, you should know that the purchase price will be higher and that on some models you will need an adapter to be able to install them.
How to change the low beam bulb on your Tesla Model Y
Now let’s move on to the part that probably interests you the most, how to change the low beam bulb on my Tesla Model Y, to change this bulb know that there are not 10,000 ways. Actually, we will detail the few steps to be completed, but be aware that on some years or finishes, access to the low beam bulb on your car can be very challenging and will need the help of a professional:
- To change a low beam bulb on your Tesla Model Y, you’ll have to open the hood of the bulb.
- Find out the access hatch to your optical block
- You will then have to clear the access of this one, that’s where it gets challenging on some series, the access is in certain cases complicated and making room by removing the elements that interfere may seem too challenging. In most cases, one side is easy and the other is more difficult.
- Once you’ve accessed the hatch, all you have to do is open it, take out your old bulb and change the low beam bulb on your car
- Don’t forget to put everything back in place, keeping in mind to put everything you moved to access the headlight block of your car
You can then repeat the process on the other side if you need to change both bulbs of your dipped headlights of your car. If you also need to change your fog lights bulbs to your Tesla Model Y, we have produced content pages to help you with this procedure.
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Tesla Model Y, do not hesitate to consult our Tesla Model Y category.