We are lucky to have cars that are pre-loaded with a number of features, one of the most preferred of which is the audio function in our Toyota 4Runner. Whether it’s playing the radio, enjoying your favorite musician, or connecting your mobile phone and playing your playlist, the most of users use this feature in their cars. However, it is possible that the sound system of your Toyota 4Runner is damaged, you may get a crackling feeling and want to change the speakers in your Toyota 4Runner . In reality, when you identify a vibration from its speakers, or when the overall sound quality is poor, it becomes annoying to use its audio system. In this tutorial we will show you exactly methods to change the speakers of your Toyota 4Runner, in depth. To achieve this, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then select the best speakers for your car, and finally, most likely what brings you here, how to change the speakers of your Toyota 4Runner.
HOW TO REPAIR A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON Toyota 4Runner
Let’s begin our tutorial on changing speakers on Toyota 4Runner with the speaker remedy step . It is important to know that this is not a simple task and if you do it, it needs to be conducted on quality speakers, because the cost and time spent to do it might not be worth changing it with a best speaker. On the other hand, if you have chosen to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the just manipulation we can accompany you on is the change of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in most cases done of polyurethane that will give the possibility to the membrane of the speakers of your Toyota 4Runner to move and generate sound. In the case that one of its two components is cracked or decomposes, you will have the ability to act on it. Last but not least, just before you begin repairing your speaker, softly and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you identify a rubbing noise, it shows that your speaker is broken and needs to be replaced. Instead, carry on to the following sections of this tutorial.
If it doesn’t make any particular noise, you can begin repairing the speaker of your Toyota 4Runner, here are the main steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the period of the operation, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, cautiously uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and delicate to do this step, don’t forget to remove all the remnants of the suspension that might be attached to the frame.
- Browse the installation instructions supplied with your new suspension membrane assembly to complete repairing the speakers of your Toyota 4Runner.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an Toyota 4Runner?
Now is the time to select the speakers for your Toyota 4Runner. Keep in mind that a high-performance sound system is connected to an uncertain balance. So if you are planning to change one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to make this choice in a methodical way to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to take into consideration when choosing the speakers you want to change on your Toyota 4Runner:
- Selecting which speakers to change (oftentimes just a block in the lower part of the door, while on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass always in the lower section of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Remove the cover or door panel to do so and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your Toyota 4Runner, the more you choose a speaker model that is furnished with a high number of channels, the more reliable the sound of your motor vehicle will be. Remember to check that the depth of your speaker is suitable with the depth of your door.
- Make certain that the power in watts and Ohms is suited to your set up.
HOW DO YOU REPLACE Toyota 4Runner SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
Finally, here we are at the last stage of our tutorial on changing speakers on Toyota 4Runner . We will now see the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your motor vehicle:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Remove the cover of the speaker to be replaced or the door trim of your xxx if required (be mindful not to break the trim fasteners, which are usually vulnerable).
- Remove the speaker to be replaced by removing the screws holding it, be mindful with the length of wire at the rear of it, disconnect the connectors before removing it entirely (don’t forget to keep the screws in case you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your Toyota 4Runner and try it out with your radio before attaching it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Fix the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Replicate the process for the number of medium, tweeter you want to change on your Toyota 4Runner.
A little suggestions, make sure to tighten the fixing screws when you change the speakers because they make a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to change a speaker on Toyota 4Runner, now all you have to do is enjoy your favorite tunes with this brand new sound system. In the event you’re seeking to finish upgrading your sound system, we recommend that you change the motor vehicle radio in your Toyota 4Runner, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to check out our content page on this subject.
To find more tips on the Toyota 4Runner, take a look at the Toyota 4Runner category.