We are lucky to have cars that are built with a number of features, one of the most chosen of which is the audio function in our Kia Rio. If it’s playing the radio, listening to your favorite musician, or connecting your smartphone and playing your playlist, the majority of users use this feature in their cars. Nevertheless, it is possible that the sound system of your Kia Rio is broken, you may get a crackling discomfort and want to replace the speakers in your Kia Rio . In fact, when you detect a vibration from its speakers, or when the overall sound quality is poor, it becomes annoying to use its sound system. In this tutorial we will show you accurately ways to replace the speakers of your Kia Rio, step by step. To get this done, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then select the best speakers for your car, and at last, almost certainly what brings you here, how to replace the speakers of your Kia Rio.
HOW TO FIX A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON Kia Rio
Let’s start our tutorial on changing speakers on Kia Rio with the speaker remedy step . It is necessary to know that this is not an effortless work and if you do it, it needs to be done on quality speakers, because the cost and time spent to do it might not be worth changing it with a best speaker. However, if you have decided to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the only treatment we can accompany you on is the replace of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in most instances made of polyurethane that will give the possibility to the membrane of the speakers of your Kia Rio to move and generate sound. In the event that one of its two elements is cracked or decomposes, you will have the ability to work on it. Last but not least, just before you start repairing your speaker, carefully and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you perceive a rubbing noise, it involves that your speaker is damaged and needs to be changed. Instead, move forward to the following sections of this tutorial.
If it doesn’t make any particular noise, you can start repairing the speaker of your Kia Rio, here are the most important steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the time of the procedure, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, cautiously uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and delicate for this step, don’t forget to remove all the remnants of the suspension that may be attached to the frame.
- Browse the installation instructions furnished with your new suspension membrane assembly to complete repairing the speakers of your Kia Rio.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an Kia Rio?
Now is the time to select the speakers for your Kia Rio. Remember that a high-performance speakers is connected to an uncertain balance. So if you are seeking to replace one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to make this choice in a methodical method to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to take into consideration when picking the speakers you want to replace on your Kia Rio:
- Deciding which speakers to replace (often only a block in the lower part of the door, although on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass constantly in the lower section of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Remove the cover or door panel to do this and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your Kia Rio, the more you choose a speaker model that is furnished with a high number of channels, the more detailed the sound of your car will be. Make sure to verify that the depth of your speaker is suitable with the depth of your door.
- Ensure that the power in watts and Ohms is suitable for your set up.
HOW DO YOU REPLACE Kia Rio SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
At last, here we are at the last section of our tutorial on changing speakers on Kia Rio . We will now discover the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your car:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Remove the cover of the speaker to be changed or the door trim of your xxx if necessary (be cautious not to break the trim fasteners, which are generally vulnerable).
- Remove the speaker to be changed by removing the screws holding it, be careful with the length of wire behind it, disconnect the connectors before removing it totally (don’t forget to keep the screws in the event you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your Kia Rio and try it out with your radio before attaching it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Fix the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Replicate the process for the number of medium, tweeter you want to replace on your Kia Rio.
A little tips, make sure to tighten the fixing screws when you replace the speakers because they make a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to replace a speaker on Kia Rio, now all you have to do is appreciate your favorite songs with this brand new speakers. In the event you’re seeking to finish upgrading your sound system, we recommend that you replace the car radio in your Kia Rio, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to verify out our article on this subject.
If you have any additional questions about the Kia Rio, do not hesitate to consult our Kia Rio category.