We are fortunate to have cars that are equipped with a number of options, one of the most chosen of which is the audio function in our Honda Ridgeline. Whether it’s playing the radio, enjoying your favorite musician, or connecting your mobile phone and playing your playlist, the majority of users use this feature in their cars. However, it is possible that the sound system of your Honda Ridgeline is broken, you may get a crackling sensation and want to replace the speakers in your Honda Ridgeline . In reality, when you notice a vibration from its speakers, or when the general sound quality is poor, it becomes irritating to use its audio system. In this tutorial we will show you exactly methods to replace the speakers of your Honda Ridgeline, detailed. To accomplish this, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then choose the best speakers for your car, and finally, likely what brings you here, how to replace the speakers of your Honda Ridgeline.
HOW TO REPAIR A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON Honda Ridgeline
Let’s begin our tutorial on changing speakers on Honda Ridgeline with the speaker remedy step . It is necessary to know that this is not an effortless project and if you do it, it should be done on quality speakers, because the cost and time invested to do it might not be worth changing it with a correct speaker. On the other hand, if you have decided to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the just manipulation we can accompany you on is the replace of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in most cases made of polyurethane that will give the opportunity to the membrane of the speakers of your Honda Ridgeline to move and generate sound. In the case that one of its two elements is cracked or decomposes, you will have the ability to work on it. Last but not least, just before you begin repairing your speaker, gently and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you recognize a rubbing noise, it suggest that your speaker is broken and needs to be replaced. Instead, move forward to the following areas of this tutorial.
If it doesn’t make any particular noise, you can begin repairing the speaker of your Honda Ridgeline, here are the main steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the duration of the process, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, attentively uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and gentle for this step, don’t forget to remove all the remnants of the suspension that might be attached to the frame.
- Read the installation instructions supplied with your new suspension membrane assembly to complete repairing the speakers of your Honda Ridgeline.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an Honda Ridgeline?
Now is the time to choose the speakers for your Honda Ridgeline. Keep in mind that a high-performance speakers is connected to an uncertain balance. So if you are planning to replace one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to make this choice in a methodical method to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to think about when picking the speakers you want to replace on your Honda Ridgeline:
- Determining which speakers to replace (oftentimes just a block in the lower part of the door, although on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass always in the lower part of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Take out the cover or door panel to do this and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your Honda Ridgeline, the more you select a speaker model that is pre-loaded with a high number of channels, the more detailed the sound of your car will be. Make sure to check that the depth of your speaker is compatible with the depth of your door.
- Make certain that the power in watts and Ohms is suited to your set up.
HOW DO YOU CHANGE Honda Ridgeline SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
Finally, here we are at the last stage of our tutorial on changing speakers on Honda Ridgeline . We will now discover the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your car:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Take out the cover of the speaker to be replaced or the door trim of your xxx if required (be careful not to break the trim fasteners, which are usually fragile).
- Take out the speaker to be replaced by removing the screws holding it, be cautious with the length of wire at the rear of it, disconnect the connectors before removing it totally (don’t neglect to keep the screws in the event you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your Honda Ridgeline and try it out with your radio before fixing it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Attach the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Repeat the process for the number of medium, tweeter you want to replace on your Honda Ridgeline.
A little suggestions, make sure to tighten the fixing screws when you replace the speakers because they make a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to replace a speaker on Honda Ridgeline, now all you have to do is enjoy your favorite tunes with this brand new speakers. In case you’re looking to finish upgrading your sound system, we suggest that you replace the car radio in your Honda Ridgeline, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to check out our content page on this subject.
To discover more tips on the Honda Ridgeline, take a look at the Honda Ridgeline category.