We are lucky to have cars that are built with a number of options, one of the most preferred of which is the audio function in our Dodge Journey. Whether it’s enjoying the radio, enjoying your favorite artist, or connecting your mobile and playing your playlist, the greater part of users use this feature in their cars. However, it is possible that the sound system of your Dodge Journey is damaged, you may get a crackling feeling and want to change the speakers in your Dodge Journey . In fact, when you notice a vibration from its speakers, or when the overall sound quality is poor, it becomes irritating to use its head unit. In this guide we will show you precisely ways to change the speakers of your Dodge Journey, in depth. To achieve this, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then select the best speakers for your car, and at last, probably what brings you on this website, how to change the speakers of your Dodge Journey.
HOW TO REPAIR A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON Dodge Journey
Let’s start our guide on changing speakers on Dodge Journey with the speaker remedy step . It is important to know that this is not an effortless project and if you do it, it must be done on quality speakers, because the cost and time spent to do it might not be worth changing it with a correct speaker. On the other hand, if you have decided to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the only manipulation we can accompany you on is the change of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in most cases done of polyurethane that will give the possibility to the membrane of the speakers of your Dodge Journey to move and generate sound. In the case that one of its two components is cracked or decomposes, you will be able to operate on it. Last but not least, just before you start repairing your speaker, carefully and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you perceive a rubbing noise, it means that your speaker is damaged and needs to be changed. Instead, continue to the following sections of this tutorial.
If it doesn’t make any particular noise, you can start repairing the speaker of your Dodge Journey, here are the main steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the period of the operation, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, attentively uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and delicate for this step, don’t forget to take out all the remnants of the suspension that may be attached to the frame.
- Read the installation instructions delivered with your new suspension membrane set up to end repairing the speakers of your Dodge Journey.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an Dodge Journey?
Now is the time to select the speakers for your Dodge Journey. Keep in mind that a high-performance sound system is related to an uncertain balance. So if you are looking to change one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to make this choice in a methodical method to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to take into consideration when selecting the speakers you want to change on your Dodge Journey:
- Determining which speakers to change (often only a block in the lower part of the door, while on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass always in the lower section of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Remove the cover or door panel to do so and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your Dodge Journey, the more you choose a speaker model that is furnished with a high number of channels, the more detailed the sound of your motor vehicle will be. Make sure to verify that the depth of your speaker is suitable with the depth of your door.
- Ensure that the power in watts and Ohms is suited to your set up.
HOW DO YOU CHANGE Dodge Journey SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
At last, here we are at the last stage of our guide on changing speakers on Dodge Journey . We will now see the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your motor vehicle:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Remove the cover of the speaker to be changed or the door trim of your xxx if necessary (be mindful not to break the trim fasteners, which are generally delicate).
- Remove the speaker to be changed by removing the screws holding it, be very careful with the length of wire behind it, disconnect the connectors before removing it entirely (don’t neglect to keep the screws in case you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your Dodge Journey and try it out with your radio before attaching it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Attach the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Replicate the procedure for the number of medium, tweeter you want to change on your Dodge Journey.
A little tips, make sure to tighten the fixing screws when you change the speakers because they make a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just found out how to change a speaker on Dodge Journey, now all you have to do is have fun with your favorite beats with this brand new sound system. In case you’re looking to finish upgrading your sound system, we recommend that you change the motor vehicle radio in your Dodge Journey, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to verify out our article on this subject.
To get more tips on the Dodge Journey, take a look at the Dodge Journey category.