We are fortunate to have cars that are built with a number of options, one of the most preferred of which is the audio function in our Chevrolet Trax. If it’s enjoying the radio, enjoying your favorite artist, or connecting your mobile and playing your playlist, the majority of users use this feature in their cars. Nevertheless, it is possible that the sound system of your Chevrolet Trax is broken, you may get a crackling discomfort and want to change the speakers in your Chevrolet Trax . In fact, when you notice a vibration from its speakers, or when the general sound quality is poor, it becomes annoying to use its audio system. In this guide we will present you precisely how you can change the speakers of your Chevrolet Trax, in depth. To accomplish this, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then choose the best speakers for your car, and finally, almost certainly what brings you on this website, how to change the speakers of your Chevrolet Trax.
HOW TO FIX A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON Chevrolet Trax
Let’s begin our guide on changing speakers on Chevrolet Trax with the speaker remedy step . It is essential to know that this is not a simple task and if you do it, it must be conducted on quality speakers, because the cost and time invested to do it might not be worth changing it with a best speaker. However, if you have chosen to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the only treatment we can accompany you on is the change of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in most instances done of polyurethane that will give the possibility to the membrane of the speakers of your Chevrolet Trax to move and generate sound. In the event that one of its two elements is cracked or decomposes, you will be able to work on it. Last but not least, just before you begin repairing your speaker, softly and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you recognize a rubbing noise, it denotes that your speaker is broken and needs to be changed. Instead, continue to the following sections of this guide.
If it doesn’t make any particular noise, you can begin repairing the speaker of your Chevrolet Trax, here are the main steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the time of the operation, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, cautiously uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and gentle to do this step, don’t forget to remove all the remnants of the suspension that may be attached to the frame.
- Browse the installation instructions delivered with your new suspension membrane set up to complete repairing the speakers of your Chevrolet Trax.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an Chevrolet Trax?
Now is the time to choose the speakers for your Chevrolet Trax. Keep in mind that a high-performance sound system is linked to an uncertain balance. So if you are planning to change one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to make this choice in a methodical technique to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to think about when choosing the speakers you want to change on your Chevrolet Trax:
- Deciding which speakers to change (often only a block in the lower component of the door, although on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass always in the lower section of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Take out the cover or door panel to do so and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your Chevrolet Trax, the more you select a speaker model that is equipped with a high number of channels, the more proper the sound of your car will be. Remember to verify that the depth of your speaker is compatible with the depth of your door.
- Make certain that the power in watts and Ohms is suited to your set up.
HOW DO YOU CHANGE Chevrolet Trax SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
At last, here we are at the last section of our guide on changing speakers on Chevrolet Trax . We will now discover the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your car:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Take out the cover of the speaker to be changed or the door trim of your xxx if necessary (be careful not to break the trim fasteners, which are generally delicate).
- Take out the speaker to be changed by removing the screws holding it, be very careful with the length of wire behind it, disconnect the connectors before removing it completely (don’t forget to keep the screws in case you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your Chevrolet Trax and try it out with your radio before attaching it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Install the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Replicate the procedure for the number of medium, tweeter you want to change on your Chevrolet Trax.
A little advice, make sure to tighten the fixing screws when you change the speakers because they make quite a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just found out how to change a speaker on Chevrolet Trax, now all you have to do is appreciate your favorite tunes with this brand new sound system. In the event that you’re looking to finish upgrading your sound system, we advise that you change the car radio in your Chevrolet Trax, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to verify out our article on this subject.
If you wish more guides on the Chevrolet Trax, go to our Chevrolet Trax category.