We are lucky to have cars that are built with a number of options, one of the most chosen of which is the audio function in our BMW 4 Series. If it’s playing the radio, playing your favorite artist, or connecting your smartphone and playing your playlist, the majority of users use this feature in their cars. However, it is possible that the sound system of your BMW 4 Series is broken, you may get a crackling feeling and want to change the speakers in your BMW 4 Series . In fact, when you notice a vibration from its speakers, or when the general sound quality is poor, it becomes annoying to use its head unit. In this tutorial we will present you exactly how you can change the speakers of your BMW 4 Series, step by step. To get this done, we will first help you repair your speakers if that’s the action you want to take, then choose the best speakers for your car, and finally, likely what brings you here, how to change the speakers of your BMW 4 Series.
HOW TO FIX A SPEAKER / MEMBRANE ON BMW 4 Series
Let’s start our tutorial on changing speakers on BMW 4 Series with the speaker remedy step . It is essential to know that this is not a simple work and if you do it, it should be conducted on quality speakers, because the cost and time spent to do it might not be worth replacing it with a best speaker. However, if you have chosen to do it because your loudspeaker sizzles and your sound is of poor quality, the just treatment we can accompany you on is the change of the pieces that we call the suspension and the membrane of your speakers, it is the black edge, in many instances made of polyurethane that will give the possibility to the membrane of the speakers of your BMW 4 Series to move and generate sound. In case that one of its two components is cracked or decomposes, you will be able to operate on it. Last but not least, just before you start repairing your speaker, carefully and repeatedly push the membrane towards the bottom of the speaker and if you notice a rubbing noise, it means that your speaker is damaged and needs to be replaced. Instead, move forward to the following areas of this guide.
If it doesn’t produce any particular noise, you can start repairing the speaker of your BMW 4 Series, here are the main steps:
- Measure the diameter and the thickness of the suspension/membrane assembly, order it on the internet and don ‘t forget the glue (1 tube for 2 loudspeakers).
- Keep the diaphragm pressed down at the bottom of the speaker for the period of the procedure, with a can for example.
- Using a cutter, attentively uncouple the suspension from the speaker frame, you will have to be patient and gentle for this step, don’t forget to take out all the remnants of the suspension that may be attached to the frame.
- Browse the installation instructions furnished with your new suspension membrane set up to finish repairing the speakers of your BMW 4 Series.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR SPEAKERS FOR an BMW 4 Series?
Now is the time to choose the speakers for your BMW 4 Series. Remember that a high-performance speakers is related to an uncertain balance. So if you are seeking to change one or more of your car’s speakers, you need to produce this choice in a methodical technique to keep the sound quality. We’ll give you the different parameters and things you need to think about when picking the speakers you want to change on your BMW 4 Series:
- Selecting which speakers to change (often just a block in the lower component of the door, while on some finishes you will have midrange speakers that handle bass always in the lower part of the door and tweeter speakers that handle treble in the upper part of the door).
- Take out the cover or door panel to do this and measure the diameter of the speakers to be changed, there are 3 standard sizes, 100, 130 and 165mm.
- The more speakers you pick a model that fits the size and mounting of your BMW 4 Series, the more you choose a speaker model that is pre-loaded with a high number of channels, the more accurate the sound of your car will be. Remember to check that the depth of your speaker is compatible with the depth of your door.
- Make sure that the power in watts and Ohms is suited to your set up.
HOW DO YOU CHANGE BMW 4 Series SPEAKER? HOW TO MOUNT YOUR SPEAKERS
At last, here we are at the last stage of our tutorial on changing speakers on BMW 4 Series . We will now discover the different steps you need to take to install the new speakers on your car:
- Disconnect your battery to avoid any electrical hazard…
- Take out the cover of the speaker to be replaced or the door trim of your xxx if required (be careful not to break the trim fasteners, which are in most cases vulnerable).
- Take out the speaker to be replaced by removing the screws holding it, be very careful with the length of wire at the rear of it, disconnect the connectors before removing it entirely (don’t neglect to keep the screws in case you want to put the old speaker back together).
- Connect the new speaker to your BMW 4 Series and try it out with your radio before fixing it, so you don’t have to waste time if a hassle comes up.
- Fix the new speakers and refit the cover or door trim.
- Replicate the procedure for the number of medium, tweeter you want to change on your BMW 4 Series.
A little suggestions, remember to tighten the fixing screws when you change the speakers because they produce quite a lot of vibrations and they may loosen as you go along. That’s it, you’ve just found out how to change a speaker on BMW 4 Series, now all you have to do is have fun with your favorite tunes with this brand new speakers. In case you’re planning to finish upgrading your sound system, we suggest that you change the car radio in your BMW 4 Series, as it will define the overall sound quality of your speakers, so be sure to check out our content page on this subject.
To find more tips on the BMW 4 Series, take a look at the BMW 4 Series category.