Whether for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to prevent a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are all the time functioning is critical. In actual fact, bulbs are wearing auto parts that will surely burn out after a while and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re probably on this page because one of your rear turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a rear turn signal on you hyundai i40, we’ve made this post to teach you do it all on your own without having to go to your mechanic. In a first step, we will look at inspecting a burnt-out rear turn signal bulb on your hyundai i40 and in a second part, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on your hyundai i40.
How to be sure if the rear turn signal bulb on your hyundai i40 is burnt-out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t all the time have the possibility to verify all the security features of your hyundai i40. In actual fact, you are generally in a hurry and tend to get into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down straight away without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore essential to make the effort to once in a while verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a burnt-out rear turn signal on your hyundai i40, but you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple solutions to verify if a rear turn signal on your car is out of order or if you need to change it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your hyundai i40, then alternately turn on your left and right rear turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are efficient.
- By listening to the sound of your turn signals. In actual fact, there is an audible warning on each car that notifies you of a rear turn signal bulb burnt out on your hyundai i40, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much closer, this suggests that that you will have to change the rear turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to examine and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first technique shown above.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam hyundai i40 or your position lights on hyundai i40, don’t be reluctant to read our content articles to help you to achieve this replacement.
Changing the rear turn signal bulb on my hyundai i40
Now let’s go to the most instersting part of this article content, how to change the rear turn signal bulb on hyundai i40? You should be aware that this procedure is quite simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your trunk, your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out rear turn signal bulb on your car. If it is a bulb on your front turn signal on your hyundai i40, see our dedicated article content. However, here are the full description to stick to to be able to carry out this process accurately:
- To access the tail light assembly, remove the carpeting or plastic cover to access the tail light assembly.
- Use a screwdriver or torx wrench (6-pointed star) to open the tail light assembly.
- Take off the rear indicator bulb from your burnt-out turn signal that you have previously recognized by an external visual inspection, for this you will need to make a quarter turn in a counter-clockwise way
- Replace the rear turn signal bulb on your hyundai i40. There are two sort of bulbs, transparent bulbs when the cover is orange, or orange bulbs when the cover is transparent, select the right model for your car
- Remount your rear turn signal bulb and close your tail light block, then, verify your new turn signal bulb is functioning effectively
If you need more tutorials on the hyundai i40, go to our hyundai i40 category.