Whether it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your headlamp bulbs are always operational is pretty important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out as time passes and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re probably on this website because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re thinking about how to change the bulb of my Toyota Aygo parking light, we’ve created this article content to help you do this operation without hiring somebody and not need to go to your auto technician. In a first step, we will take a look at changing the front daytime running light bulb of your car and in a second section, how to change the rear daytime running light.
How to change the front parking light bulb of my Toyota Aygo?
We will begin this content with exchanging the front daytime running light bulb of your Toyota Aygo, remember that according to the year and finish of your car it may not be quite the same method to use. In reality, even if the position of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less complicated based on the features of your car.
First method, we will perform the bulb swap of your daytime running light without taking out the headlight of your Toyota Aygo. Although this process is the simplest, it is not assured that you will be able to do it on your motor vehicle without trouble. In reality, based on the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to change the bulb in this way. Here are the two different techniques to change the bulb of the front parking light of your Toyota Aygo:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First methodology, you will only go through the bonnet of your motor vehicle to access your headlight unit. This is the most rational approach but it is not always easy to realise, generally because of secondary parts that will obstruct your access. To get this done, here are the simple steps to follow. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Once this stage has been finished, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to change the daytime running light bulb on your Toyota Aygo. You may perhaps need to remove the battery for easier access. In this case, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ generally does the job), then you will need to remove the bulb socket from its position. To get this done, pull carefully on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), at last once the socket is out, you can change your parking lamps bulb, being very careful not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once accomplished, reassemble the system, reconnect your battery and execute a check test before taking to the road.
- By taking out the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second alternative, you can remove the headlight of your Toyota Aygo in cases where the access through the engine block seems too obstructed. To do this, you just have to open your bonnet, remove the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then remove the headlight in question. Once these actions are finished you will just have to follow the same methodology as on the previous section to change the front daytime running light bulb of your Toyota Aygo
How to change the rear parking light bulb on your Toyota Aygo
To conclude, if you wish to change the rear parking light bulb of your Toyota Aygo the method is incredibly easier, here are the different basic steps to follow to allow you to change this bulb:
- Unplug your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After finding the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Put in your brand-new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Check that your parking lights are functioning correctly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Toyota Aygo, please go through our dedicated article to learn how to do it.
If you want more guides on the Toyota Aygo, go to our Toyota Aygo category.