Regardless of it’s for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your headlamp bulbs are always working is pretty important. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out over time and consequently need to be replaced. You’re likely here because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re thinking about how to change the bulb of my Mercedes Classe E parking light, we’ve created this content to help you do this procedure without help and not need to go to your motor mechanic. In a first step, we will look at changing the front daytime running light bulb of your motor vehicle and in a second art, how to replace the rear daytime running light.
How to replace the front parking light bulb of my Mercedes Classe E?
We will commence this article content with changing the front daytime running light bulb of your Mercedes Classe E, take notice that depending on the year and finish of your motor vehicle it may not be quite the same technique to use. In reality, even if the position of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less complicated depending on the features of your car.
First technique, we will conduct the bulb change of your daytime running light without getting rid of the headlight of your Mercedes Classe E. Although this technique is the most simple, it is not assured that you will be able to do it on your motor vehicle without encumbrance. In reality, based on the versions and the year, on some versions there will not be enough space for you to replace the bulb by doing this. Here are the two different solutions to replace the bulb of the front parking light of your Mercedes Classe E:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First solution, you will simply go through the bonnet of your motor vehicle to direct access your headlight unit. This is the most logical process but it is not always easy to achieve, sometimes because of secondary parts that will obstruct your access. To achieve this, here are the guidelines to follow. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Now that this stage has been accomplished, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to replace the daytime running light bulb on your Mercedes Classe E. You might need to take off the battery for easier access. In such a case, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ usually does the job), then you will need to take off the bulb socket from its location. To achieve this, pull delicately on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), at last now that the socket is out, you can replace your parking lamps bulb, being vigilant not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once carried out, reassemble the system, reconnect your battery and carry out a check test before taking to the road.
- By getting rid of the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second option, you can remove the headlight of your Mercedes Classe E if it turns out the access through the engine block seems too obstructed. To do so, you just have to open your bonnet, take off the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then take off the headlight in question. Once these actions are done you will just have to follow the same methodology as on the previous section to replace the front daytime running light bulb of your Mercedes Classe E
How to replace the rear parking light bulb on your Mercedes Classe E
To conclude, if you need to replace the rear parking light bulb of your Mercedes Classe E the methodology is incredibly easier, here are the different simple steps to follow to allow you to replace this bulb:
- Disconnect your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After finding the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Insert your brand-new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Verify that your parking lights are working properly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Mercedes Classe E, please go through our specific content page to learn how to do it.
To discover more tips on the Mercedes Classe E, take a look at the Mercedes Classe E category.