Regardless it’s for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your headlamp bulbs are always operational is necessary. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out over time and as a result need to be changed. You’re likely here because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re thinking about how to change the bulb of my Mercedes Benz CLA Class parking light, we’ve written this content to help you do this procedure without any help and not need to go to your motor mechanic. In a first step, we will look into changing the front daytime running light bulb of your car and in a second step, how to swap the rear daytime running light.
How to swap the front parking light bulb of my Mercedes Benz CLA Class?
We will begin this document with exchanging the front daytime running light bulb of your Mercedes Benz CLA Class, be aware that according to the year and finish of your car it may not be quite the same methodology to use. In fact, whether or not the location of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less problematic depending on the features of your car.
First methodology, we will perform the bulb change of your daytime running light without removing the headlight of your Mercedes Benz CLA Class. Although this method is the most simple, it is not guaranteed that you will be able to do it on your motor vehicle without trouble. In fact, based on the versions and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to swap the bulb like this. Here are the two distinct solutions to swap the bulb of the front parking light of your Mercedes Benz CLA Class:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First approach, you will simply go through the bonnet of your motor vehicle to access your headlight unit. This is the most rational method but it is not always easy to realise, often because of secondary auto parts that will obstruct your access. To do this, here are the simple steps to carry out. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Now that this step has been completed, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to swap the daytime running light bulb on your Mercedes Benz CLA Class. You might need to remove the battery for easier access. In this case, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ generally does the job), then you will need to remove the bulb socket from its area. To do this, pull carefully on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), at last now that the socket is out, you can swap your parking lamps bulb, being cautious not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once completed, reassemble the set up, reconnect your battery and do a check test before taking to the road.
- By removing the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second solution, you can remove the headlight of your Mercedes Benz CLA Class if the access through the engine block seems too obstructed. To accomplish this, you just have to open your bonnet, remove the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then remove the headlight in question. Once these actions are finished you will simply have to stick to the same methodology as on the previous part to swap the front daytime running light bulb of your Mercedes Benz CLA Class
How to swap the rear parking light bulb on your Mercedes Benz CLA Class
To conclude, if you need to replace the rear parking light bulb of your Mercedes Benz CLA Class the technique is more simple, here are the different guidelines to stick to to allow you to replace this bulb:
- Disconnect your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After finding the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Place your brand-new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Verify that your parking lights are operating properly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Mercedes Benz CLA Class, please go through our dedicated article to learn how to do it.
To discover more tips on the Mercedes Benz CLA Class, take a look at the Mercedes Benz CLA Class category.