Regardless whether it’s for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring your headlamp bulbs are always operational is fundamental. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out as time passes and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re almost certainly on this site because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of my Land Rover Range Rover Sport parking light, we’ve posted this article to help you do this procedure without help and not need to go to your repair shop. In a first part, we will take a look at swapping the front daytime running light bulb of your motor vehicle and in a second step, how to swap the rear daytime running light.
How to swap the front parking light bulb of my Land Rover Range Rover Sport?
We will begin this document with swapping the front daytime running light bulb of your Land Rover Range Rover Sport, take note that based on the year and finish of your motor vehicle it may not be quite the same method to use. Indeed, whether or not the location of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less problematic based on the features of your car.
First method, we will perform the bulb swap of your daytime running light without removing the headlight of your Land Rover Range Rover Sport. Although this approach is the most simple, it is not assured that you will be able to execute it on your car without trouble. Indeed, based on the options and the year, on some models there will not be enough space for you to swap the bulb by doing this. Here are the two distinct ways to swap the bulb of the front parking light of your Land Rover Range Rover Sport:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First technique, you will only go through the bonnet of your car to access your headlight unit. This is the most rational solution but it is not always easy to realise, sometimes because of secondary auto parts that will block your access. To achieve this, here are the guidelines to carry out. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Once this stage has been accomplished, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to swap the daytime running light bulb on your Land Rover Range Rover Sport. You may possibly need to remove the battery for easier access. In this case, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ in most cases does the job), then you will need to remove the bulb socket from its area. To achieve this, pull delicately on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), finally once the socket is out, you can swap your parking lamps bulb, being careful not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once done, reassemble the set up, reconnect your battery and accomplish a check test before taking to the road.
- By removing the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second solution, you can remove the headlight of your Land Rover Range Rover Sport if the access through the engine block seems too difficult. To do so, you just have to open your bonnet, remove the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then remove the headlight in question. Once these actions are completed you will just have to stick to the same methodology as on the previous part to swap the front daytime running light bulb of your Land Rover Range Rover Sport
How to swap the rear parking light bulb on your Land Rover Range Rover Sport
To conclude, if you need to replace the rear parking light bulb of your Land Rover Range Rover Sport the approach is easier, here are the different steps to stick to to allow you to replace this bulb:
- Disconnect your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After locating the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Place your new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Check that your parking lights are working correctly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Land Rover Range Rover Sport, please go through our dedicated article to learn how to do it.
If you want more guides on the Land Rover Range Rover Sport, go to our Land Rover Range Rover Sport category.