Regardless it’s for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your headlamp bulbs are constantly operational is fundamental. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will definitely burn out over time and consequently need to be replaced. You’re almost certainly on this site because one of your position lamp is burnt out and you’re thinking about how to change the bulb of my Jaguar E-Pace parking light, we’ve made this content to help you do this process without hiring somebody and not need to go to your mechanic. In a first step, we will look at replacing the front daytime running light bulb of your motor vehicle and in a second art, how to replace the rear daytime running light.
How to replace the front parking light bulb of my Jaguar E-Pace?
We will begin this article content with exchanging the front daytime running light bulb of your Jaguar E-Pace, remember that depending on the year and finish of your motor vehicle it may not be quite the same technique to use. In reality, even if the position of your bulb is not going to change, the access may be more or less complicated depending on the features of your car.
First technique, we will conduct the bulb swap of your daytime running light without taking out the headlight of your Jaguar E-Pace. Although this technique is the most basic, it is not assured that you will be able to execute it on your car without trouble. In reality, dependant on the options and the year, on some versions there will not be enough space for you to replace the bulb in this way. Here are the two different techniques to replace the bulb of the front parking light of your Jaguar E-Pace:.
- Going through the bonnet of your car: First strategy, you will only go through the bonnet of your car to access your headlight unit. This is the most logical approach but it is not always easy to realise, sometimes because of secondary parts that will block your access. To accomplish this, here are the guidelines to carry out. First, with the engine off, disconnect the terminals of your battery to avoid any short circuit or risk of electrocution. Now that this stage has been finished, you will need to access the back of your headlight unit to replace the daytime running light bulb on your Jaguar E-Pace. You may need to take off the battery for easier access. In such a case, you will need to open the bulb protection cap on your headlight (¼ generally does the job), then you will need to take off the bulb socket from its location. To accomplish this, pull carefully on the socket and not on the wires (you risk damaging them), at last once the socket is out, you can replace your parking lamps bulb, being careful not to damage the wires and use a cloth to avoid dirtying your new bulb. Once finished, reassemble the system, reconnect your battery and do a check test before taking to the road.
- By taking out the crosshair grill and the headlight:
- Second solution, you can remove the headlight of your Jaguar E-Pace if the access through the engine block seems too obstructed. To do this, you just have to open your bonnet, take off the front grill held by only a few torx screws, then take off the headlight in question. Once these steps are finished you will only have to stick to the same technique as on the previous section to replace the front daytime running light bulb of your Jaguar E-Pace
How to replace the rear parking light bulb on your Jaguar E-Pace
Finally, if you need to replace the rear parking light bulb of your Jaguar E-Pace the methodology is much easier, here are the different steps to stick to to allow you to replace this bulb:
- Unplug your battery
- Get the floorboards out of the trunk.
- Unscrew the back cover of the headlight unit from your car.
- After locating the rear position lamps bulb on your car, remove the burnt-out bulb.
- Place your brand-new parking light bulb into the headlamp assembly on your car
- Reassemble the whole thing.
Examine that your parking lights are operating properly again before you set off again and you’re done. If you want to change the fog light bulb on your Jaguar E-Pace, please go through our specific article to learn how to do it.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Jaguar E-Pace, do not hesitate to consult our Jaguar E-Pace category.