Regardless whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, by ensuring your turn signal bulbs are always operational is necessary. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out as time passes and consequently need to be changed. You’re most certainly in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Toyota Matrix, we’ve written this article content to help you do it without help and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first part, we will have a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Matrix and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Matrix is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your automobile you don’t constantly have the possibility to check all the safety features of your Toyota Matrix. In fact, you are often times in a hurry and tend to enter into your automobile, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is as a result relevant to take the time to occasionally check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Toyota Matrix, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple methods to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are working.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indication on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Toyota Matrix, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first solution shown earlier mentioned.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our blog posts to help you to complete this substitution.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Matrix
Now let’s go to the most significant part of this article content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Matrix? Please be aware that this task is quite easy, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Matrix. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific article content. Nevertheless, here are the details of the simple steps to follow in order to execute this action accurately depending on the technique you want to choose.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Matrix through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Toyota Matrix by the new one (make certain to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Toyota Matrix on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take out your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Toyota Matrix following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Matrix through the wheel arch:
This technique is specifically valuable when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Matrix through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will detail them right now:
If you wish more guides on the Toyota Matrix, go to our Toyota Matrix category.