Whether for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always operational is necessary. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out after some time and consequently need to be changed. You’re perhaps on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Toyota Highlander, we’ve made this content to help you do it on your own and not have to go to your technician. In a first part, we will examine the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Highlander and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to find out if the front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Highlander is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your car you don’t constantly have the opportunity to check all the security features of your Toyota Highlander. In reality, you are in general in a rush and tend to enter into your car, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is as a result fundamental to take the time to occasionally check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Toyota Highlander, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple options to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are functional.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible sign on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Toyota Highlander, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check out which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first methodology shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our articles to help you to conduct this replacement.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Highlander
Now let’s go to the main part of this content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Highlander? Please be aware that this technique is fairly simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Highlander. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special content. Nevertheless, here are the details of the guidelines to follow in order to accomplish this action properly depending on the technique you wish to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Highlander through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Toyota Highlander by the new one (make certain to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb works.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Toyota Highlander on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take off your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Toyota Highlander following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Highlander through the wheel arch:
This technique is especially useful when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Highlander through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will explain them now:
To find more tips on the Toyota Highlander, take a look at the Toyota Highlander category.