Regardless for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is extremely important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out after some time and as a consequence need to be changed. You’re quite likely in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Toyota Camry, we’ve made this document to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first step, we will examine the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Camry and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Camry is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your car you don’t always have the opportunity to verify all the safety features of your Toyota Camry. Indeed, you are frequently in a hurry and tend to get into your car, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an regular check-up. It is consequently crucial to take the time to occasionally verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Toyota Camry, but that you didn’t notice it. Here are the two simple techniques to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are functioning.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indication on each car that warns you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Toyota Camry, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this means that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and make sure which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first procedure shown earlier mentioned.
You may have an additional bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our content articles to help you to accomplish this replacement.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Camry
Now let’s go to the main step of this document, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Camry? Please be aware that this procedure is quite simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Camry. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific document. However, here are the details of the simple steps to stick to in order to accomplish this act efficiently depending on the approach you want to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Toyota Camry through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Toyota Camry by the new one (make sure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Toyota Camry on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Remove your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Toyota Camry following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Camry through the wheel arch:
This approach is in particular valuable when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Toyota Camry through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will describe them right now:
To get more tips on the Toyota Camry, take a look at the Toyota Camry category.