It doesn’t matter if for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is extremely important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out after a while and consequently need to be replaced. You’re most certainly in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Nissan Qashqai, we’ve written and published this content page to help you do it by yourself and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first part, we will examine the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Qashqai and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Qashqai is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t always have the opportunity to check all the security components of your Nissan Qashqai. In fact, you are often in a hurry and tend to enter into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down right away without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is as a consequence crucial to take the time to once in a while check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Nissan Qashqai, but that you didn’t become aware of it. Here are the two simple methods to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to replace it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are working.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible signal on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Nissan Qashqai, you will find out that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this denotes that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check out which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first solution shown above.
You may have an additional bulb to replace, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to consult our articles to help you to complete this replacing.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Qashqai
Now let’s go to the most significant part of this content page, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Qashqai? Take note that this task is fairly simple, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Qashqai. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated content page. On the other hand, here are the details of the steps to follow to be able to perform this act properly depending on the solution you wish to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Qashqai through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Nissan Qashqai by the new one (ensure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and replace the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Nissan Qashqai on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take off your headlight block and replace the front turn indicator bulb of your Nissan Qashqai following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Qashqai through the wheel arch:
This approach is in particular valuable when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Qashqai through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will point them right now:
If you wish more tutorials on the Nissan Qashqai, go to our Nissan Qashqai category.