Whether for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is very important. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will inevitably burn out in the future and as a consequence need to be changed. You’re perhaps on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Nissan Altima, we’ve written and published this document to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your auto mechanic. In a first part, we will have a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Altima and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Altima is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to verify all the safety equipments of your Nissan Altima. Indeed, you are often in a hurry and tend to enter into your vehicle, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is as a result fundamental to take the time to occasionally verify the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Nissan Altima, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple solutions to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it rather quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are functional.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indication on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Nissan Altima, you will perceive that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and verify which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first procedure shown previously.
You may have an additional bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our articles to help you to conduct this replacing.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Altima
Now let’s go to the most important part of this document, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Altima? Please be aware that this task is quite easy, you will have to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Altima. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our special document. Nevertheless, here are the details of the actions to stick to in order to accomplish this action correctly dependant on the method you wish to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Nissan Altima through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Nissan Altima by the new one (be sure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and check that the new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and remove the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Nissan Altima on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Beware with the plastic staples which can be delicate.
- Take away your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Nissan Altima following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Altima through the wheel arch:
This solution is especially valuable when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Nissan Altima through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will point them now:
To find more tips on the Nissan Altima, take a look at the Nissan Altima category.