Regardless for your personal safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is imperative. In reality, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out after some time and as a result need to be swapped out. You’re most likely on this site because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re wondering how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Mitsubishi Outlander, we’ve created this article content to help you do it on your own and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first step, we will take a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Mitsubishi Outlander and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognize if the front turn signal bulb on your Mitsubishi Outlander is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to verify all the safety components of your Mitsubishi Outlander. In reality, you are often in a rush and tend to get into your motor vehicle, make your trip and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is therefore fundamental to take the time to sometimes verify the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Mitsubishi Outlander, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple methods to control if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to control that they are operational.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In reality, there is an audible indicator on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Mitsubishi Outlander, you will recognise that the time between each “click” is much closer, this means that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and verify which one is burnt out by a visual control as on the first technique shown previously.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our blog posts to help you to achieve this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Mitsubishi Outlander
Now let’s go to the most important step of this article content, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Mitsubishi Outlander? You should be aware that this process is fairly simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Mitsubishi Outlander. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated article content. Nevertheless, here are the details of the simple steps to stick to to be able to execute this act efficiently depending on the strategy you desire to adopt.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Mitsubishi Outlander through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Mitsubishi Outlander by the new one (make certain to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take out the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same procedures as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Mitsubishi Outlander on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take out your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Mitsubishi Outlander following the steps seen in the parts seen earlier.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Mitsubishi Outlander through the wheel arch:
This tactic is in particular effective when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Mitsubishi Outlander through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will detail them right now:
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Mitsubishi Outlander, do not hesitate to consult our Mitsubishi Outlander category.