Regardless whether for your personal security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being certain your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is very important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will undoubtedly burn out with time and therefore need to be changed. You’re most likely here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Honda Fit, we’ve made this content page to help you do it all on your own and not have to go to your repair shop. In a first step, we will examine controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Honda Fit and in a second step, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to recognise if the front turn signal bulb on your Honda Fit is burnt out or needs to be swapped out?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to check all the security equipments of your Honda Fit. In fact, you are most likely in a hurry and tend to enter into your vehicle, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is therefore fundamental to take the time to occasionally check the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Honda Fit, but that you didn’t detect it. Here are the two simple options to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to change it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are working.
- By listening to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indicator on each car that informs you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Honda Fit, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and check which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first procedure shown earlier mentioned.
You may have another bulb to change, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t hesitate to read our blog posts to help you to achieve this substitution.
Replacing the front turn signal bulb on your Honda Fit
Now let’s go to the main step of this content page, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Honda Fit? You should be aware that this procedure is really easy, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Honda Fit. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated content page. On the other hand, here are the details of the simple steps to follow to be able to accomplish this action accurately depending on the method you wish to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Honda Fit through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Honda Fit by the new one (ensure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the new front turn signal bulb is effective.
- Lift your car, and take away the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and change the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Honda Fit on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be careful with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Remove your headlight block and change the front turn indicator bulb of your Honda Fit following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Honda Fit through the wheel arch:
This approach is particularly valuable when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Honda Fit through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, based on the options the only simple access you will have to change the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will describe them now:
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Honda Fit, do not hesitate to consult our Honda Fit category.