Regardless for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, ensuring that your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is important. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will predictably burn out in the future and therefore need to be swapped out. You’re most certainly here because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Ford Ranger, we’ve written and published this article to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your auto technician. In a first part, we will examine the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Ford Ranger and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to discover if the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Ranger is burnt out or needs to be changed?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t always have the possibility to check all the safety features of your Ford Ranger. In fact, you are in general in a rush and tend to get into your vehicle, make your journey and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an periodic check-up. It is as a result essential to take the time to once in a while check the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Ford Ranger, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple ways to examine if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to examine that they are operational.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible signal on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Ford Ranger, you will notice that the time between each “click” is much closer, this denotes that you will have to replace the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to check and examine which one is burnt out by a visual examine as on the first methodology shown previously.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our articles to help you to do this substitution.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Ranger
Now let’s go to the most essential part of this article, how to change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Ranger? You should be aware that this task is quite easy, you will require to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and change the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Ford Ranger. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated article. Nevertheless, here are the details of the guidelines to stick to in order to perform this act efficiently according to the solution you desire to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Ford Ranger through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Ford Ranger by the new one (be sure to check if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb functions.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to work on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Ford Ranger on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take away your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Ford Ranger following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Ranger through the wheel arch:
This approach is specifically valuable when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Ranger through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, according to the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full process, we will detail them now:
To find more tips on the Ford Ranger, take a look at the Ford Ranger category.