It doesn’t matter if for your own safety, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, making sure your turn signal bulbs are always operational is imperative. Indeed, bulbs are wearing parts that will surely burn out over time and therefore need to be swapped out. You’re most certainly on the website because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Ford Kuga, we’ve created this article content to help you do it without hiring somebody and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first part, we will have a look at the checking a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Ford Kuga and in a second part, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Kuga is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your vehicle you don’t constantly have the opportunity to verify all the safety features of your Ford Kuga. Indeed, you are nearly always in a rush and tend to get into your vehicle, make your trip and put it down instantly without taking the time to do an occasional check-up. It is therefore important to take the time to sometimes verify the state of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Ford Kuga, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple techniques to check if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it promptly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to check that they are functioning.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. Indeed, there is an audible indicator on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Ford Kuga, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this denotes that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and verify which one is burnt out by a visual check as on the first solution shown previously.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to consult our blog posts to help you to complete this replacement.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Kuga
Now let’s go to the most important part of this article content, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Kuga? You should be aware that this process is really easy, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or simply by your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Ford Kuga. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our specific article content. Nevertheless, here are the details of the simple steps to stick to in order to perform this act properly according to the solution you wish to choose.
Replace front turn signal bulb on your Ford Kuga through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Ford Kuga by the new one (ensure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Ford Kuga on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be breakable.
- Take out your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Ford Kuga following the steps seen in the parts seen above.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Replace the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Kuga through the wheel arch:
This technique is in particular useful when you don’t have enough space in the hood to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Kuga through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full technique, we will detail them right now:
To find more tips on the Ford Kuga, take a look at the Ford Kuga category.