It doesn’t matter if for your own security, for roadworthiness testing or to avoid a fine, being sure your turn signal bulbs are always functioning is necessary. In fact, bulbs are wearing parts that will obviously burn out over time and therefore need to be replaced. You’re likely in this article because one of your front turn signals is burnt out and you’re questioning how to change the bulb of a front turn signal on your Ford Ecosport, we’ve written and published this document to help you do it alone and independently and not have to go to your mechanic. In a first section, we will have a look at controling a burnt-out front turn signal bulb on your Ford Ecosport and in a second section, how to change the front turn signal bulb on your car..
How to know if the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Ecosport is burnt out or needs to be replaced?
When you drive your motor vehicle you don’t constantly have the possibility to verify all the security equipments of your Ford Ecosport. In fact, you are in general in a rush and tend to enter into your motor vehicle, make your journey and put it down immediately without taking the time to do an unexpected check-up. It is consequently important to take the time to in some cases verify the condition of your headlights and turn signals. It’s quite possible that you have a front turn signal on your Ford Ecosport, but that you didn’t realize it. Here are the two simple options to verify if a front turn signal is burnt out or if you need to swap it fairly quickly:
- When you stop, turn on the ignition on your car, then alternately turn on your left and right front turn signals and get out of the car to verify that they are working.
- By hearing to the sound of your blinkers. In fact, there is an audible indication on each car that signals you of a front turn indicator bulb burnt out on your Ford Ecosport, you will recognize that the time between each “click” is much shorter, this suggests that you will have to change the front turn signal bulb or before. It’s up to you to verify and check out which one is burnt out by a visual verify as on the first procedure shown earlier mentioned.
You may have another bulb to swap, like the one of your low beam or your position lights, don’t be reluctant to browse our blog posts to help you to accomplish this replacement.
Changing the front turn signal bulb on your Ford Ecosport
Now let’s go to the most significant section of this document, how to replace the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Ecosport? Please be aware that this operation is very simple, you will need to access, from the inside of your bonnet, through the wheel arch, or through your bumper to your headlight unit, open it and replace the burnt out front turn signal bulb of your Ford Ecosport. If it is a bulb on your rear turn signal, see our dedicated document. However, here are the details of the guidelines to follow in order to carry out this action accurately depending on the method you want to adopt.
Change front turn signal bulb on your Ford Ecosport through the bonnet:
- Open your bonnet and clear access to your headlight pods.
- Use a torx tip to open the headlight unit on your car
- Unscrew the front turn signal bulb from your car by turning it a quarter turn counterclockwise
- Replace the front flasher bulb of your Ford Ecosport by the new one (be sure to verify if it’s an orange or transparent bulb).
- Reassemble and test that the brand-new front turn signal bulb operates.
- Lift your car, and take off the front wheel on the side you want to operate on.
- Take out your wheel arch with a torx bit.
- Go to your headlamp block and swap the front turn signal bulb on your car following the same simple steps as on the part previously seen.
- Put your Ford Ecosport on a jack or a candle.
- Remove the screws of the motor shoe of your car(plastic part under your motor) and your shock absorber. Be cautious with the plastic staples which can be fragile.
- Take out your headlight block and swap the front turn indicator bulb of your Ford Ecosport following the steps seen in the parts seen previously.
- Put the whole thing back together again.
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Ecosport through the wheel arch:
This solution is specifically practical when you don’t have enough space in the bonnet to access the front turn signal on your car:
Change the front turn signal bulb of your Ford Ecosport through the bumper:
On some years or finishes, depending on the options the only simple access you will have to swap the front turn signal bulb of your car will be to pass under your front bumper, there are only a few steps that change from the full procedure, we will point them now:
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Ford Ecosport, do not hesitate to consult our Ford Ecosport category.